Minecraft version?

1. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which version of Minecraft Amazon's Fire TV will coincide with from the base PC builds yet? Would be awesome if it was at least as far along as the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Also, who else is looking forward to being able to play Minecraft from this box?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

I'm not sure if Minecraft was released for the Ouya, but if it was, it would more than likely be the version released on Fire.:dontknow:
  3. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

It never officially launched, though I remember someone hacking the Pocket Edition onto OUYA a while back. But according to Amazon, this isn't going to be a direct port of any other version of Minecraft. It's going to be built specifically for Fire TV, so it sounds like it might be on a different development track than other versions.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

That seems odd unless Amazon is going to throw a pile of money at them. I wonder if it will be a limited time Exlusive like Angry Birds Rio was when the Amazon App store launched. Once a full version is ported to Android it would be difficult for a developer to only offer it to a portion of the potential customers.

I did hunt around BTW, only the Pocket Edition is available for Ouya and Android.
  5. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

This version for Fire TV will have the gamepad settings turned on.

I am still looking for a gamepad version for android and so far it has been touch only that really works.

Seems Amazon lined someones pockets but that is fine with me as that will trickle into the primary Minecraft PE build :)

Major update!!!

So I found the supported version of Minecraft on the store.

http://www.amazon.com/Mojang-Minecr...?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1396466020&sr=1-18

So it's the regular version because it tells me it is already installed on my phone. So that means it is not a special version after all. Now how do I enable the joystick controls....hmmm