Mini Bluetooth keyboardAccessories

Last Updated: 2012-03-10 16:07:17
  1. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I have just received this Mini (about the size of a mobile phone) bluetooth keyboard from Amazon.

Advertisement
    chepi26 likes this.
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Any chance you have two BT devices you could see how well it goes from one to the other? I'd like something to use with both the archos and my htpc.
  3. CarsnGadgets

The only other device I have is my HTC Desire.

did you want to know how fast the archos switches from one bluetooth device to another, or how fast the keyboard does?

If its the latter, I can try it on my desire later to see.
  4. uniquenameEVO

I'm sort of wondering it I had the keyboard in use with the archos and wanted to switch to my htpc what the delay would be.

More like, I turn off BT on the archos...will the other pairing connect. Not sure the desire test will cover that since mine is a win7 box. If you feel like checking, I would still like to see :)
  5. CarsnGadgets

If I have the keyboard paired with the archos, then disable the pair on the archos, it pairs with the Desire within maybe 5 seconds after I click on the keyboard in the device list of the Desire.

I doubt it will take any long with a pc, but I dont know if it will just pair automatically without you having to click on something on the pc.
    uniquenameEVO likes this.
  6. uniquenameEVO

Looks promising. Thanks!
  7. CarsnGadgets

Just noticed, although the keyboard works perfectly with the archos, pairs, connects, types

it only seems to pair with my desire, not actually connect. I can't type with it on the desire for some reason.

I only plan to use it with the archos though, so it's not a problem.
  8. vja4Him

vja4Him Well-Known Member

That looks like a really cool and useful gadget to have! I'm assuming it would work with the Archos 70 just the same ...

I would like to find a bluetooth keyboard just a little larger though, perhaps as big as my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB.

Any suggestions ....
  9. vja4Him

vja4Him Well-Known Member

I'm a bit overwhelmed ... !!! Just found this:

Ergonomic Keyboards | Mini Keyboard

Does anyone have experience with any of these mini keyboards?

I would like to have a mini-keyboard (bluetooth) that will allow me to type normally with all ten fingers, just like typing on a full-sized keyboard, so I can type much faster. I usually type between 50-60/wpm when using all ten fingers.
  10. zikji

zikji New Member

I have a question for this...
    I bought a similar mini bluetooth keyboard recently
    and I tried to pair it with my HTC Legend with the same steps,
    what happened is it shows "Paired but not connected".

I have also tired to download those bluetooth keyboard softwares
    on android market but none of them works....

Do I have to root my phone to make it work?
    Or are there other things I can do to use the keyboard?

THANKS!
  11. CarsnGadgets

go to settings/language and keyboard, and see if there is a new choice to select in there for your keyboard.

with the one I have, it doesnt add a new option, but works with either android keyboard or swiftkey selected, try changing your input method.

Mine also says paired but not connected by the way, but works fine.

also, when pairing the keyboard and typing in the code, make sure you hit enter on the keyboard after to complete the pairing.
  12. catszella

catszella New Member

I bought it and it never connected or worked. waiting for the next firmware bluetooth in the Desire HD. or a bluetooth fix.
  13. chepi26

chepi26 New Member

Carsn who did u get the archos 101 to activate....keyboard shows on device but it keep saying device unexpectly spotted
  14. MANDYANN

MANDYANN New Member

I recently bought the bk101 keyboard at FRYS ... and the darn thing does not work it was on clearance is there a possibility the person who owned it before used a password that make it not work n tell the proper password is entered ... is there a way to reset the password for this key board :mad::confused:
  15. onclejean

onclejean New Member