Mini Pro Says H Instead of 3GGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MsAdams

MsAdams New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I was wondering if someone could help / explain something for me. I recently updated my Mini Pro to 2.1 the other day, and ever since, it has an H on my top bar instead of the 3G that's usually there. I'm kind of a novice when it comes to these things, but I gather the H stands for HSPA, is that correct? What is the difference between that and 3G? Also, is it supposed to be up there constantly instead of the 3G? I use a task killer to ensure I'm not constantly using the internet, and other than the H being there, it looks just like my 3G symbol did when I am and am not online. I just wanted to know if it's gonna be up there from now on or if this an effect of updating my Android or what.

A

Advertisement
  2. ison_machine

ison_machine Well-Known Member

Hi MsAdams,

You don't have to worry with the H symbol. In fact, it is even better. H, from what you said, HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access). That means you have better connection speed as of the 3G. for example, H = 7 Mbps while 3G = 1 Mbps. The speed can vary through location and how congested the data network will be. It is like this order from the fastest, H > 3G > G. So if you want to fully turn off the data connection turn off the data traffic.

Since the update to android 2.1, the H symbol have appeared. previously in android 1.6, we only have G and 3G. I'm not so sure if it is really restricted to 3G data connection or any connection speed greater than 3G(some Mbps) will appear as 3G. I think 'H" is for indicating connection speed since when we bought the handset, it can connect up to HSPA.

I hope I clarified some of your queries.

Cheers!:)

insx and MsAdams like this.
  3. ShiKaiSheng

ShiKaiSheng Active Member

thats something to celebrate about. H stands for HSDPA, high speed internet