mini usb to RCA outputsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned This Topic's Starter

Probably the one thing my D2 doesn't have that my Uncle's DX (or is it incredible, I never can remember) is the HDMI out.

how could I make this....

[​IMG]

work where I could play my downloaded movies on the TV? Is it simply plug and play? is there an app.

of course.... the issue that would cause is battery drain while playing a movie on the TV. So, is there a good charging pad for the Droids with the BP6X batteries (like PS3, wii and Xbox controllers)

Heck, as I look at that item I have...... would the D2 charge with the USB plugged in (to your computer) and the RCA's hooked to the TV? If so, that would eliminate the need for a charger pad.

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Wow, that seems like a great idea.

But i would be very surprised (pleasantly), if it works, since i dont believe the usb port was designed that way. So I'm not sure if it'll send data out in the proper format.
    But like you said, maybe there's some app that would do this.
    I'm going to look it... I'm assuming you dont have that cable yet?

3. mcatdtDROID

no, don't have it.... maybe I should go to the Verizon store and ask them... maybe I can pick up an accessory or two :D:D:D

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

touche:p

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I know that someone made an app for the DX that made it so you could see your screen on the TV through the HDMI out. Maybe it would do the same for this?

6. mcatdtDROID

so you need an app to play the HDMI out on the DX for it to work even on the DX?

[​IMG]

I found this for an HTC Fuze.... so It seems I may be onto something..... still looking for Droid to RCA output.....

7. mcatdtDROID

plus, I just realized I said mini. Droid is a micro, correct?

8. mcatdtDROID

9. mcatdtDROID

OEM HTC TV Out Cable for HTC DROID Incredible

[​IMG]

SSSOOOOOO...... assuming that the HTC Incredible has the same plug in as the D1/D2 from Verizon..... it seems to be an option

10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Can't imagine this would work on D2 w/out a ton of hacking, both SW and HW...D1 USB just not set up to output anything, data, audio, or video. There was a thread in the D1 forum on this (video out) and it got very tech very quickly and went nowhere...

11. mcatdtDROID

I'm still debating this.... the last pic I posted costs $25 online.... It was advertised as video out for the incredible. The worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work and I return it. Gonna look at Best Buy next time I'm in there and see. Who knows, I may get lucky, right.... it's the same reason I ask pretty girls out, because the answer is ALWAYS "no" if you don't try.

12. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Pretty girls may be swayed by your personality, and have a choice.

Hardware could care less about your personality, and has no choice.

:)

The Karnak in me sees a product return in your future...good luck.

13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Not really. The HDMI on the X out the box displays pics and videos off the SD Card only. The app makes it so u can output anything from the phone thru HDMI, an almost mirror image of the phone on the TV. Like some of the Samsung phones can do with TV Out.

I say almost mirror image cuz u cant really use the screen on the phone when its using the HDMI app, but u can still see everything on the TV.. The phone screen is frozen on a specific screen, while the TV displays everything.. U can see actions happening on the TV but its kind of a guessing game as to where to place your finger on the phone.
    Some of the Samsung phones do a 100% mirror image, the phone and TV display the same screens. I've been reading recently its only GSM versions of the Samsung phones that can do it, which is a surprise to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQBAx_BDfk

Thats one feature I am jealous of with the Samsung phones..

14. iavswn

iavswn Well-Known Member

USB is not designed for hdmi. If you want hdmi get the droid x. Or share your video wireless across wifi.

15. iavswn

iavswn Well-Known Member

Many android phones can do that. For example, the Droidx. It has those capabilities.