1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Minimal Bloatware on Sensation 4GGeneral

1. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Well-Known Member

I have never had a phone on TMO before so I do not know if it is normal for phones like this not to have useless apps or not. On my Optimus M on MetroPCS half the apps were utterly useless and I rooted it just to trash them. Things on this phone like TeleNaV GPS is not the worst thing ever and can sometimes be usefull. Please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for reading,
    Lucas

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Compared to my myTouch Slide it seems to be less bloated... I dunno if it's just because the bloatware's taking up a much smaller chunk of the overall storage or if it really is less. I agree, at least the included apps are semi useful. I still don't use Peep (I prefer Plume), but having fully offline TeleNav navigation available is nice enough that I wouldn't remove it even though it's crippleware that nags you to upgrade to "premium". Lookout is kinda nice to have even though with my preferred Mobile Defense and HTC Hub that makes 3 separate apps that can remotely lock,wipe, or track my phone lol.
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

It's bloat because you could download it yourself from their site if you want it. All the crap tmo loaded is bloat because you can download all of it yourself. They are forced on you and you don't need them, this is the definition of bloatware! Plus apps like my account are poorly written and buggy at times.
  4. lucas.childers

I agree to some extent. But although my account is very buggy, I find it somewhat usefull.
  5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

I'll give you that, but you can just get it from the market, so why force it on people?
  6. lucas.childers

I did not know you could get it on the market, now I get it lol