• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minimal Bloatware on Sensation 4G

lucas.childers

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2011
I have never had a phone on TMO before so I do not know if it is normal for phones like this not to have useless apps or not. On my Optimus M on MetroPCS half the apps were utterly useless and I rooted it just to trash them. Things on this phone like TeleNaV GPS is not the worst thing ever and can sometimes be usefull. Please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for reading,
Lucas

Compared to my myTouch Slide it seems to be less bloated... I dunno if it's just because the bloatware's taking up a much smaller chunk of the overall storage or if it really is less. I agree, at least the included apps are semi useful. I still don't use Peep (I prefer Plume), but having fully offline TeleNav navigation available is nice enough that I wouldn't remove it even though it's crippleware that nags you to upgrade to "premium". Lookout is kinda nice to have even though with my preferred Mobile Defense and HTC Hub that makes 3 separate apps that can remotely lock,wipe, or track my phone lol.

Upvote 0
It's bloat because you could download it yourself from their site if you want it. All the crap tmo loaded is bloat because you can download all of it yourself. They are forced on you and you don't need them, this is the definition of bloatware! Plus apps like my account are poorly written and buggy at times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones