Minimalist Home Replacement?Support

Last Updated:

1. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been messing around with some home replacements but not really digging them for one reason or another. It occurs to me that I only want them for one reason: more home screen panels.

Is there a home replacement (maybe what I'm talking about isn't even a replacement) that will allow me to just increase the number of home screens I have? The one big stipulation is that it has to work with stock widgets. I don't know if this is even possible... thoughts?

I find that I like the sort of spartan Android interface, and I'm not interested in flashy skins or anything. Does anyone else want this sort of thing, or am I just weird?

Clarification: Ideally, I wouldn't want the Android UI changed in any way except for the additional home screens.

Advertisement
  2. Paul_C

Paul_C Active Member

You might be weird, but you're not alone. I'm on the lookout for the same thing.

3. daihl92

daihl92 Well-Known Member

home++
    its amazing
    minimalistic and you can have up to 7 homescreens

4. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Just and fyi, while pandahome does give you the ability to increase to 11 homescreens, I had it on 9 and it was crashing constantly. I brought it back down to 7 and things are a bit smoother albeit with still some less frequent crashing.
    I saw another thread that asked a similiar question but it only got answered with pandahome GDE home++ etc
    looks like ur only bet is an entire homescreen app instead of minimalist add homescreens app

5. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried it, but some widgets (facebook, twidroid, music) didn't work properly. Also, is there a way to remove the "Power Strip" from the bottom and put the app drawer back in? To clarify, I want a home replacement that doesn't touch the UI at all, except to add more home screen panels.
    Maybe if more people are into this a developer might show up and offer to work on it. I'd definitely pay a few bucks for this.

6. daihl92

daihl92 Well-Known Member

no there is not a way to remove the power strip and i dont know of anything that only adds more homescreen panels

7. robmal

robmal Member

No yr not alone!

More screens and everything else EXACTLY the same is what I want too

Rob