Minimize Brightness Further?

Last Updated:

1. jakobo48

jakobo48 Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm using NexBeast v1.1 on my Droid and noticed in the clock app there is a brightness button that dims the screen even further (similar to the bedside app I'm guessing). Unfortunately the screen dimness only lasts while in that app. I was wondering: is there a way to set the overall phone brightness itself that low or keep the screen that dim outside of the app? The lowest brightness in the Droid settings is still a bit too bright for me. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If you're rooted, there's an app called 'Bright Control'. And even then, some apps don't support it (like Bedside).

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I use Quick Settings that allows me to lower the brightness down to the "sleep"/auto-dim brightness as a permanent setting. Basically, I can put it down to what they call 0%. I think the lowest stock setting, according to QS is like 4% or something. QS allows you to set the brightness to that 0%.

4. jakobo48

jakobo48 Member This Topic's Starter

QS definitely lets me get it a tad bit dimmer when set to 0%, so thanks for that. :)
    I still can't get it anywhere near as dark as the dim/night-time setting in the Clock app. I was trying to look through the SDK to find a way to dim the screen to an actual 5% or so (just above black/off) but can't figure it out yet. Are there any other apps out there that anyone knows of?

5. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

I don't see anything called "bright control"

6. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

With "Settings profiles" app you can set it down to what it calls 1%. Definitely the darkest I've found.