minimum calling plan/features for Droid

Last Updated:

1. washwords

washwords Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 5, 2009

I'm new to the forums and (will be) new to the Droid soon if I go ahead with it...

I have somehow managed to keep my very basic "America's Calling" plan from verizon. I am now month-to-month so eligible for new every two. Also, my husband is month-to-month with AT + T and we're considering switching us both to Verizon... my question:

When I switch him, I presume we HAVE to sign a new contract. If we do, do I also have to upgrade to a newer / better/ bigger contract. i.e., would we better off NOT doing a contract and just buying the phone (he doesn't want a droid, he likes the thin moto razr or something). And will the droid work and do everything cool it does without a fuller bigger better plan!?

Sorry, not sure I'm articulating right... I'm trying to find out the bottom line... what will it cost me to upgrade from one verizon EnV on a great/cheap plan and one AT+T basic plan to two phones on verizon, one a droid, one more basic. Or at least... what are the options... thanks!

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    If you want to be under the same plan and want to share minutes I believe you will need to switch to a family share plan. If you are going to have a smart phone,you will need the additional smart phone data plan added to the family share plan, which is an additional 29.99.

Here is the link to the Family Share Plans