MiniUSB to 3.5mm Audio

Last Updated:

1. thrasx

thrasx New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the converter below works on the MyTouch 3G? I have a white one, obviously without a headphone jack. Came stock with 1.6 from T-Mo. Bought it off Craigslist so it didn't come with accessories.

eBay link won't work for some reason, but it is item 180559389414
    (just put that in the search box)

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work, it's an HTC product designed for that purpose.

3. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

I got one from eBay that has mini USB male on one end and both mini USB female and 2.5MM female on the other. I then went to Radio Shack and got a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter. With that combination I can patch it through my car stereo and power it from the cigar lighter at the same time.

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

You're better off getting the one that has a mic so you can use your car stereo as a speaker phone.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MyTouch-3G-3-5m...406988?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4cf258988c

OEM HTC Stereo Black Hands-Free Headset with Mic Microphone and 3.5mm Audio Adapter for AT&T HTC 6800, 8525, 8925, DASH, Dash 3G, Fuze, G1, myTouch 3G, Pure, S511 (SNAP), S730, Shadow, SHADOW09, Tilt 2, TOUCH, Touch Diamond (CDMA), Touch Diamond (GSM

Also get this so you can charge/listen at the same time.
    [​IMG]OEM HTC USB DUAL SPLITTER ADAPTER CHARGER HEADSET G1 - eBay (item 300468335928 end time Oct-15-10 06:27:34 PDT)

OaklandR likes this.
  5. OaklandR

OaklandR New Member

6. Phateless

I bought a vent-mount cradle at Fry's for $5. Every time I get in the car I drop my phone in the cradle, plug in the splitter (which already has my charger and headphone adapter plugged in) and fire up Pandora.

If I remember I'll attach a pic when I go home.

7. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

I would't mind seeing how you have that set up.

8. Phateless

Just noticed your screen name, I live in Oakland. You could see my setup in person if you really wanted, lol.

Crap, I completely forgot! Will try today. :p

9. Phateless

Sorry for the long wait, it's only taken me two months, :p but I finally got it done. Check it out. This is especially great for navi because you can just leave the screen on to track your progress. Sometimes I even mute it and just rely solely on the visual navi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]