Minor bug/config issue in BH_MAN 1.6 ROM

Last Updated:

1. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, I'd like to say thanks to BH_MAN for the hard work, your ROMs have made the B2 infinitely more usable than the stock software.

I have noticed one minor bug that no one else seems to have mentioned. I haven't installed R7 yet, so if this is addressed, I apologize, but I think it's small enough that it may have just not been noticed yet.

The orientation sensors seem to be set up inverted. After upgrading to 1.6, I noticed that screebl no longer worked. Later, I accidently found that the angles are just inverted, so if you hold the phone like you normally do, it doesn't register, but if you flip it in your hand (so the buttons are at the top and the speaker is at the bottom) it registers what it should have been seeing before.

I don't know how hard or easy this would be to fix, but it's not enough to keep me from using the newer ROMs.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Advertisement
  2. malek9696

malek9696 Active Member

I'll second this. Did the same test and noticed the same thing, the accelerometer is inverted.

3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Has Nothing to Do with Me, It's very well known.... The drivers are closed source per Samsung.... I might have a Solution & will Test, but likely not Fixable just Yet, though I have a Strong Feeling I know what it is....

If you can Give me a Test to run ( Via, what you did to Notice it ), I'll Report back

4. malek9696

malek9696 Active Member

Install Screebl Lite and go into the preferences. Scroll down to Portrait Orientation or Landscape Orientation. When holding the phone right-side up no indicator will appear. Hold the phone upside down and the indicator will appear as normal.

BH_MAN likes this.
  5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Okay, thank you.... I'll look into this Issue & report back with what I find..

mikenick42 likes this.