Minor Contacts IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble finding a solution to syncing my contacts to Google contacts. When I originally put all my contacts into my phone, it did it through Google contacts and then I used HTC Sync to grab some contacts' info from Outlook. Now, some people have multiple entries, one labeled "phone" and the other labeled "Google." I was hoping that the two entries would just merge into one, under "Google," but it hasn't. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to manually edit each person's entry? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

go to gmail account on pc, there are easy ways to merge contacts together. They should then automatically sync the merged contacts on phone

3. mhtrang

I think I get what you're saying...you can just check multiple contact information together and merge them, right? My problem is on the phone itself. Not sure how to explain it. But when I click on "John Smith" and try to edit it, my phone asks if I want to edit the contact information "John Smith" for Google or for Phone. I will post a picture explaining it later tonight.

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

i got ya, only it should update the contacts on phone after you do it on pc. Post those pics though when you can, that have a better idea what exactly is going on

5. mhtrang

So I wish I could have taken the screenshots before I accidentally wiped out all of my contacts. Luckily, I backed up to Google contacts and I just added whatever contact information I had from Google. Now I have to go back and re-enter in some information, but I was going to do that anyways. Thanks for offering to help.