Minor WIFI Problem After Froyo UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday at my office I noticed my wireless connection cycling on and off. I have a basic D-link wireless router that networks three computers. I couldn't figure out why I kept losing internet and the network. It would work for a few minutes then not work for a few.

I finally narrowed it down to my EVO. When I have the WIFI set to on in the EVO its messing up my network. Any ideas as to why? This didn't happen until the Froyo update!

Advertisement
  2. JR2

JR2 New Member

I had the same problem after updating to 2.2. I replaced my D-Link DI-624 with a Linksys WRT160N and all is well again ...

My EVO did work with the D-Link on 2.1. I figured it would be far less hassle to replace the DI-624, which was discontinued on 8/1/2007, than to try to fix the problem.

JR

3. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

An odd problem, but I've seen stranger things happen. For anyone experiencing this sort of issue, I'd recommend seeing if there's a fireware update on the router or access point. Some of the older routers and access points used draft versions of WiFi G or N, and there may possibly be bugs that were fixed after it hit the market. It's not uncommon to have several revisions of the firmware released for a couple of years after the wireless device is first sold, so there's a good chance you may not be current.

4. jallp82

jallp82 Well-Known Member

Yeah firmware! I had that same problem with my D-link with the PS3. Just upgraded firmware and it worked fine. I'm sure it's the same problem.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

6. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your help everyone. The firmware update worked like a charm!

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. Dangerboy

Dangerboy Well-Known Member

I guess i was lucky until now....i never had wifi problems...i could be anywhere in my house and not have a problem with wifi....after updating to .6 froyo, i literally have to be in the same room as my router to get a decent speed...if i move to the next room, my speed drops tremendously....never had the problem until froyo.....any suggestions?

8. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Are you running the official Froyo update? Froyo actually enhances your WiFi reception. Are you using any apps that could have caused this problem?

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The better reception may actually cause susceptibility to other RF interference, such as a conflicting channel.

Try Wifi Analyzer free from the Market and be sure your router is the only one in range on that channel.