Minute problems with my droid

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Firstly, I love this phone more than my kids;) but I've been having some small issues with it. Sometimes, Ill get a text from someone and it'll say its from a different contact or I'll go open a picture/video and it'll be the wrong one, it even displays the wrong thumbnail. Also, not often but occasionally I go to click on a box to type something and it opens only it won't allow me to type but this is solved by turning the phone off then back on. Is there anyone else having similar problems? Would you suggest I exchange it?

Advertisement
  2. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I've seen the wrong contact issue a few times. Not enough for me to consider it a problem.

The second problem sounds annoying though.....

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I experienced both of those problems on occasion with 2.0, but haven't since the 2.0.1 update. The text not working can be particularly annoying. I'm assuming your phone got the OTA update, right?

4. DaygosDankest

OTA update...I don't think so...what is that, where do I find it? The only thing I've updated since I got the phone a week ago was a couple of apps.

5. DaygosDankest

Sry, Im not very tech savvy.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It was an automatic update that came out in early December. The phone should have updated to it automatically. Go to the main settings menu and click on "About Phone". Check the Firmware Version listed there; it should be 2.0.1. If so then you have the update.

7. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Are you using any home replacement apps? Home++ had my SMS doing your exact problem. Also, when I get the issue with not being to input a letter, I open up the hard keyboard and it seems to resolve the issue.

8. DaygosDankest

Ya, I have 2.01

I am using home home++...hmm maybe its a bug? And my hard keyboard will work, but it doesn't fix the on screen one. Im also having troubles opening up the box at all on facebook...

9. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

I uninstalled Home++ and I no longer have the SMS issue, so that is fixable. I'm sure the dev will solve it soon and you can always redownload it.