mIRC port forwardingSupport

Last Updated:

1. drewevo

drewevo New Member This Topic's Starter

I am fairly new to the realm of working with my phone in an extended uses. I am trying to file transfer through a IRC. I need to forward ports 10000 thru 10070. Can anyone help with this problem.

EVO
    rooted with unrevoked
    running Fresh ROM

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I'm going out on a limb because no one's answered you yet (unusual for this forum!) - so - isn't that port-forwarding requirement somewhat dependent on the IRC client you're using?

I'm only asking because I've come across a _lot_ of users that swear by Trillian and that claims to support file transfer in a straightforward manner:

All Features - Trillian Astra

I'm probably way off base - actually spelling IRC correctly and knowing what mIRC is - that's about as far as I go.

I've heard of people opening router ports to avoid port forwarding, but that's just a rumor.

In any case, if nothing else, maybe this post will help bump your question.

Welcome to the forums - you've come to the right place, even if I'm all wet. ;)

3. drewevo

Yes it is an mIRC, it is actually Karaoke Realm,(sorry didn't want look like a complete NERD). They do ask that you forward the range of ports, which is really no problem for most "usual" routers but we are dealing with SP___T. I would imagine if I could forward any one in the range it would be fine.

Thanks

4. legs74

legs74 Member

I do not know if this helps but I am using Filelinx to transfer files from phone to PC and back. It's on the Market. It is pretty easy and works in a LAN or from anywhere.
    Transfers any type of file.

5. drewevo

Thanks for the info but i am trying to share within an mIRC program and is why I need to foward the ports.:)

6. bherbst

bherbst New Member

I am not 100% sure what you are searching for but maybe "Port Forwarder" https://market.android.com/details?id=at.bherbst.net does what you need. This app was intended to forward a single port to a host. Such host usually resides in a subnet that you created using some kind of Tethering (USB or Wifi). However, this Port Forwarder may also be used to forward to localhost and therefore reroute to a different port on your device. Does that fit your needs?