• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mirror\/ mirror: make front mounted camera

mainebob

Nov 1, 2009
Ok, my droid does not have a front mounted camera. How about two small rectangle mirrors mounted at 90 degrees with one edge of mirror touching just below
the phone camera lens... and with some simple holder, it could turn phone into a front facing non reversed camera (2 mirrors -- like a periscope.)

Has anyone constructed this? Seems like it could be a simple product accessory that could world for multiple phones.

_ Dash is phone with camera backside pointing
\ / to one of two mirrors shown as slashes & V.
V

Well? Anyone

I found this thing called iSnapMe. It's made for iphones but it may work for other phones. It does cost $20 though.It works by having two mirrors and suction cups that attach the device to the back of your phone. I think they may fit on the Droid
It's at isnapme.com. I didn't buy one, I just happen to find it after doing a bunch of google searches. It would be nice to use this with my droid on Fring.

Upvote 0
ummmm, or just turn the phone around...
do you really want to walk around with a phone that has mirrors glued to it in your pocket?

Ok, and NO,.... Sure I can turn the phone around and some phones like the new iPhone 4 have front and rear cameras.... If you are doing vid conferencing then a front facing camera is necessary so you can see the other party and the postage stamp of yourself...

Upvote 0
I just got this reply from Brian at isnapme.com

Thanks so much for reaching out! Unfortunately, we designed our product for the iPhone; it won't work on the HTC Droid Incredible. However, it's always possible that we will extend the product line. Join us on facebook to track any updates....
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/iSnapMe/193602124226?ref=search
Is there anyone else interested it this type of accessory?

Upvote 0
I've contacted both Vainworks and iSnapMe and they only work with a camera on the back side of the phone not in the middle of the back. So neither the iSnapMe or the Vainworks Stand will work with my phones. I need something like these 2 items but that will work for the Garminfone and the Comet from T-Mobile. Does anyone know of anyone who makes such a device, if you do please email with the information to daveporterii@gmail.com. Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Dave Porter :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones