• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mirror Plex Audio to Android

Hi All!

I have been a huge android fan since it first came out and I've gone through so many different tweaks to find out how to use it with my home media center. I have been looking for a way to stream the currently playing audio from my googleTV or XBMC media center to my phone for quite some time and can't find a good solution. Does anybody know how I can find this? I've mentioned it on the Plex App Remote comments as well as XBMC remote, but I don't know if the developers are even able to do this. Ideally it would be over a WiFi connection, so Airplay or DLNA would work best. Please let me know that I'm not crazy, I can't be the only one!

Home Media Center is Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric) and I play media on remote GoogleTV devices. I just tried the pulseadio paprefs install on Oneiric today but it doesn't seem to work...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones