• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Miss Your Old Ringtone? Here's How to Get it:

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Here's what I did and how I did it:

The astronomical ringtones on Nexus are - IMHO - lacking. I missed my stock Android ringtones from my Droid and wanted them back!

Since my Droid is rooted, I went into Astro, navigated to the system folder, went into "media" and copied - one at a time - the ringtones and notifications I missed. Navigated back to the SD card's "media" folder and pasted them there. One at a time.

THEN I connected the Droid to the PC via USB and moved them to the PC. You can use an existing folder or create a new one on the desktop just for the occasion. Afterwards, I unmounted the Droid and disconnected the cable.

THEN I hooked up my Nexus to the PC, and moved the ringtones to the "Ringtones" folder and the notifications to the "Notifications" folder. Pulled Nexus off the cable and started setting things up.

Lo and behold: there's my favorite ringtone and notifications listed! :D

Remember: your Droid must be rooted so you have access to the system files or you won't be able to access the ringtones.

Any chance you could provide these ringtones for download?

Since you asked so nicely. And since I have my OG Droid Handy. And since I am so nice.....

Here you go.

All the OG Droid Ringtones and Notifications in one pretty zip file (separated into ringtone and notification folders)

Attachments

• OG sounds.zip
      2.5 MB · Views: 1,202
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones