• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed Call - LED notification for missed calls

Check that it is indeed installed

I have just also discovered that mine wsn't working, so decided to uninstall and re-install

Even tho I had the blue icon in the notification bar and the icon in the pull-up menu, the market told be that it wasnt on my system

I have just installed it and it works perfectly

Version 0.4.0
UK phone
Build TC5-RC8

Upvote 0
Hey since you've already got the base of the program do you think you could add a "beep" (or custom sound notification) for missed calls, emails, calendar events, and texts? That would be a lifesaver. (preferably with the ability to set different tones for different missed features).

If you could do that, your program would be a must have. Does anyone disagree? :D

Yeah, my old phone used to periodically make some beeping sound (say every 10mins or something) when i had missed calls or texts or whatever. With my G1 if it's in my pocket it can sometimes take several hours before i check my phone and realise i have missed calls.

Also, is there any way to get this to override the charging LED indicator? Half the time i have my phone on the desk plugged into USB, and it never blinks the light. Kinda sucks.

This is still a really nice app though :)

Upvote 0
This is a GREAT application. Recently (as early as today I believe) my SMS notifications have not been working. I get no notifications since I turned them off in the default SMS application for Android. I have tried disabling and enabling the sound/LED color. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have rebooted the phone as well. Any ideas on why it might not be working? Calls work fine, the LED color for incoming and missed calls work the way I have it set up.

Chris

Upvote 0
Missed call is a GREAT application. I've used it for months and loved it.

I just got a replacement phone today and Missed Call was one of the first apps I tried to install but I can't find it. I typed "missed call" into the search and received 8 options but it's not there. I tried to use "missed reminder" instead but it's horrible. Please tell me where I can download missed call!

Upvote 0
Hi android_goes, I actually emailed you about this earlier today, but thought I'd post here too - would you be able to add an option where you get notified when changes are made to your Google Calendar? I need this because my secretary books my appointments for me, and I have to keep checking the schedule to see if anything's been booked/cancelled/changed. This would be a lifesaver for me. Like your app though, thanks!

Upvote 0
I want to try this but I wasn't able to find it in the Market and when I tried the download link you posted to Twitter (http://bit.ly/2GYjnp) I got the error "Missed Call could not be installed on this phone." I have a Sprint Hero. How can I get this app?

EDIT: Well 0.8.9 wouldn't install but I found an older version (0.8.8) that did, although it doesn't seem to be working correctly (reminders don't repeat). Why wouldn't I be able to install the newer one? Did you remove the Hero for some reason?

Upvote 0
I think I should mention that you'd be the champion of moment users everywhere if you were able to add a feature that flashes our home/menu/back buttons in lieu of an LED (a notification LED is something they left off the moment, unfortunately). I think you'd be completely justified in adding that feature (as long as it works) to the paid version of your app only. You'd make a lot of money off us moment users lol.

Upvote 0
I think I should mention that you'd be the champion of moment users everywhere if you were able to add a feature that flashes our home/menu/back buttons in lieu of an LED (a notification LED is something they left off the moment, unfortunately). I think you'd be completely justified in adding that feature (as long as it works) to the paid version of your app only. You'd make a lot of money off us moment users lol.

x2!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones