1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Missed call notification w/ pop up screen

Last Updated:

1. dukeem23

dukeem23 New Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have the new Droid and love it. Its the iPhone killa for sure, especially when flash player is released for android!

I am currently looking for a missed call application similar to handcent. I have missed call and the functionality is great, but I want my missed calls to pop up in a window and not just the notification bar. Any ideas? I would be willing to pay for a descent application.

Advertisement
  2. jbuszkie

jbuszkie New Member

+1

My wife would like this as well....

3. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

I've done assorted searches thru the app store, over a week, and came up with only one-- and that required k-9 email. After trying several non popup gmail reminders, I settled on Missed Call. There are enough optional settings for nagging that I'm guaranteed to be informed of an alert to a missed call. Bonus: it includes a service for apps, meaning a sound (which you choose) when apps actually install from the store. More services, too. Can't believe it's free, and so Droid-friendly.

---- Update:
    I discovered another app shortly after the initial post; moderately priced: Pure Messenger Widget. Options include showing gmail messages, sms messages. This is much better (for me), as I've placed it on the lower half of my (GDE) home screen. As soon as I unlock it, I immediately learn what I missed, with a blurb about it. (Works fine on the Droid.)
    Home page with info: http://bit.ly/8GMoON
    AndroLib Reviews, etc: http://bit.ly/57OJb7

4. nibhatta

nibhatta New Member

5. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

6. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

use iphone notification app. Looks like Iphone (sorry) but does the trick.

7. TinkerB3ll

TinkerB3ll Well-Known Member

After trying oodles of similar apps I personally found "missed call pro" to suit me best. I assume this is a different app to the one you mention as it does have options for pop-ups as well as plenty of other settings. It is small and resource friendly and though it isn't the prettiest app in the world it certainly does all I want of it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.ddani.missedcallpro