• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing 2011 dates on Calendar

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
I use Gmail's Calendar and have subscribed to the UK Holidays addon. I have noticed that many UK holiday dates for 2011 are missing on my phone, especially Easter and Christmas. When I view the calendar on my laptop they are all there. Why are they not syncing to my phone, and how can I rectiify this?

I sync my HTC Desire calendar to my own google calendar and to the UK Holidays calendar. This worked fine for 2010 but none of the UK holidays for 2011 appear on the phone - though they are present on the internet version of the calendar. Very strange.

After writing the above I've added French holidays to my calendars. It shows in the phone's list of calendars to be synchronised, but again, no events after the end of 2010 appear.

Perhaps HTC think I have too many holidays!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies that eventually came through to my original post. I have now managed to get the UK holidays sorted out for 2011 on my phone. However, I have connections with Norway, and so I also have Norwegian holidays on my calendar. This worked perfectly for 2010. I have deleted the Norwegian holidays calendar from the Google Calendar on my laptop, synced, reinstalled the calendar, synced again, but it refuses to be shown on my phone. All the dates show up on my laptop, but I have now tried to get them onto my phone 3 times this morning without success. Any suggestions? Surely we won't have to go through this same rigmarole before the start of every year?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones