Missing Album Art?Support

Last Updated:

1. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Pretty sure my .mp3 files on my sd card had album art embeded in the songs. Player doesn't seem to find them?

The folder for the one album I have also has the album art in it.

The player won't play the album in the right order...just has the songs alphabetical. no sort option that I can see?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Theres a similar thread here & Shivers316 recommended in the thread Getting "Album art grabber" off the market which by the looks of the reviews seems to sort this out :D

3. akenis

Will try...but the art is there, just not displaying.

Tried another player as well. Neither will show art or play the album in the right order.

4. akenis

5. jazzdroid

jazzdroid Member

The only way I could get songs in album order and not alphabetical was by editing song titles manually in windows media player (where I ripped them) by putting 01,02,03, etc, in front of the titles. I could never get the album art to show on the Moment music player even though they were showing in WMP. I had to manually download cover art from Amazon to desktop then "add" in the Advanced Tag Editor "Pictures" tab. Not sure if it matters but I selected the pull down tab as "front cover" (this might be important). Luckily you can select all the tracks of an album then right click>advanced tag editor>select picture tab>add jpeg>select front cover from pull down menu and it will add for all the tracks so you only have to do it once for each album. Still a pain in the ass. Interestingly the anroid made thumbnails itself after clicking a track in each album and waiting for the cover to show up in the music player. When I went back to the album list the cover thumbnail showed up.

Not sure why the order defaults to alphabetical because inside the advanced track editor the track numbers were correctly listed. Must be a 1.5 thing. Also had to rip CDs as MP3 for the android to recognize Artist name and Track names.

Lots of steps. I tried mediamonkey and didn't work for me. I can't connect the Moment to my old iMac so WMP on the thinkpad is only way to connect. I'm assuming it's because I don't have usb 2.0 on my old ass iMac.

6. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

It appears that in 1.6, most of these issues are fixed; after using DoubleTwist to move my (non-DRM) iTunes songs over to the Moment, I noticed that over half were "Unknown Album" or had missing album art. I also own a G1 running Donut. I swapped the SD card into that, and everything showed up.

Evidently the issue is related to the version of OpenCore running in 1.5- yet another reason I wish they'd hurry up and get 1.6+ out!

7. akenis

Use at free program two posts above...it's awesome.

Go to market and get Meridian player. It's better and plays an album in order.

8. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

i used rhapsody for copying cd to sd and it shows up on my old centro but not on this. will that program above help?

9. gblinckmann

gblinckmann Well-Known Member

I've not been able to even get a successful sync between WMP and my Moment. What's the trick? I did get MediaMonkey to work, but I really don't like the interface. I'm not really against buying the "pro" version, but I would really like it to work smoothly.

I've been looking at ways to replace my Zune 120 so that I would need just one device, but I've not found anything that makes music work well on Android yet.

The music app on Android is very limited, too. It only reads ID3v1 tags, so this makes it a bit of a pain. Album art is very "wonky". Some pictures look okay, some don't look good at all.

My best bet might be MP3Tunes.com & Pandora if the next update to the Moment fixes the streaming audio issues. (Even the audio on Sprint TV's radio stations is choppy.)

10. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

Finally found an all in one fix. Its called Mort player. All album art shows. Songs are in right order, artist and albums recognized. It goes by folder not album. Awesome.

11. jettimadhu

jettimadhu New Member

Hi,
    I am struggling with getting the metadata of song Thumbnails. When I am playing the song the corresponding album-cover/thumbnail is displaying on screen.
    Is it possible to get that data?