Missing Amazon AppsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mgreene

mgreene Member

I've got my Google Nexus 7 16GB and it really is working very well.. But I seem to be unable to install either of these apps from the Play Store:

Amazon Mobile
    Amazon App Store

Both are not in the search results, and if I go to the list where all my apps are (I also have a HTC Android Phone), when I try to select them to install it says "Your device is not compatible with this version".

Are there versions of these apps which run on Nexus 7 without having to side install or root?

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I sideloaded the Amazon App Store and it works fine. Not sure of the other one.
  3. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

You will have to sideload it so make sure you have the "Install from unknown source" box in "Settings" -> "Security" checked.
  4. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the AppStore has never been available on the Play Store..

5. mgreene

mgreene Member

Thanks for the info on how to install AppStore -- worked like a champ?

Anyone know if there is a similar approach for Amazon Mobile?

Thanks again!
  6. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

Should be in the App Store
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Please visit the amazon.com website and download from there. You choose the option to get it from a device which doesn't receive SMS.

This is how I did it.

Hope this helps.

Ninja'd by previous post. Look up two posts for the link.
  8. mgreene

mgreene Member

Thanks -- it was (I had previously located the download web link similar to the App Store one above -- amazon.com/mobileapps) but it would not reinstall from there. But getting it from App Store worked like a top...

Thanks again!