Missing Android appSupport

1. beautychic

beautychic Member

I just got my Samsung i7500 and the Android Market is missing from my phone. What do I do to get it? Android was the main reason I bought this phone. Help Please! :D

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

You're probably in a region where you can't get market. Which country are you in?

Type *#*#44336#*#* and tell us your CSC region.

You're best bet is to just install generic firmware onto the phone, and then you'll have all the apps you're supossed to have. The down side is that if you need to use your waranty samsung may say its void because you updated un officially.

The first thing to do is to download the latest NPS, and see if you can update to new firmware through that. If you can, you're waranty is safe. If not, you need to consider if you want to do the unofficial route.
  3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Maybe A Factory Reset should hopefully bring it back :)

Strange it wasn't on their when you got it...... Welcome to AF forums by the way! :D
  4. beautychic

beautychic Member

I am in states and I know that I should be able to get the apps. I am not really that techy so how do I install new firmware?
  5. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Ahh, then try a factory reset first.

Settings -> sd and phone storage -> factory reset

Remember you'll loose everything on the phone, and when it reboots it will be like it was new out of the box. You'll need to put your phone numbers etc all back in.
  6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry , double posted

I would recommend a Factory data reset first:

Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Factory data Reset

Carl C
  7. beautychic

beautychic Member

if I do a factory reset, will I loose all my contacts too? my contacts are saved on my SIM card. And I had to go to tmobile to have them set up my phone to work with the network, will I need to do that again too? I guess I need to know if I do this will I not be able to use my phone?
  8. beautychic

beautychic Member

Sorry, and thank you so much for your help!!! :)
  9. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

You won't loose contacts on your sim, just whatever you setup on your phone.

So you'll just need to re-do whatever you did when you first got the phone. i.e copy the contacts from sim to phone, setup your google account, etc etc
  10. beautychic

beautychic Member

oh no I havent done it yet... I was just saying thank you for helping me :)
    but i want to know if I will have to go to tmobile to get it set up to use with the network again if I do it?
  11. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

If your contacts are on your SIM, then you should be fine. When it reboots after the factory reset, it'll ask you your google account information. Then you can go to contacts, menu, and import contacts from SIM.

You may need to setup your APN information to be able to get online, but we can help you with that if that happens. You just need to tell us which network you're on and I can talk you through what to do.
  12. beautychic

beautychic Member

Ok so I did the factory reset and the Android Market app is still not there. The phone does recognize tmobile as the network but my 3G and internet connection is not set up anymore. What should I do now?
  13. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

That probably means your firmware has it removed. Your best bet is to update to the latest stock firmware. There's a guide to using Odin in here somewhere. I'll find you the link.

RE your internet and 3G, what provider are you on? T-Mobile US i guess?
  14. beautychic

beautychic Member

ok... and yes T-Mobile US
  15. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Download the latest NPS from here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=SFC_UK&CttFileID=2426632&CDCttType=SW&ModelType=N&VPath=SW/200909/20090910163927359/New_PC_Studio_1.3.0.IH4.exe&DownloadRoot=http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/&ModelName=GT-I7500

Turn on USB debugging on your phone (settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging), and then plug your phone into your computer. If it asks for drivers point to C:\program files\Samsung\USB Drivers

There will be one driver it can't find, just ignore it.

Then follow this guide:

13/10 XXII5 - Installing the latest ROM on your device using Odin - Android @ MoDaCo

In case you can't get the files without registering..

You can get Odin from here:

http://content.modaco.net/i7500/Odin.3.95.Orion.zip

And the latest firmware from here:

http://content.modaco.net/i7500/I7500XXII5-PDA-CL64494-REV5(VIA).tar

Once its all done and the phone reboots, do another factory reset as you did before. Then we'll setup your APN so your data works.
  16. beautychic

beautychic Member

I am trying to get this done but my computer cant find the drivers and I am not sure what to do.
  17. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Ok, after installing NPS, and turning USB debugging on, it will ask for drivers.

Point it to C:\Program Files\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\USB Drivers

It should find all the drivers except one. Don't worry about the one it can't find.

Then open NPS and check that it shows you 2 storage devices, and GT-i7500. If it doesn't get back to me. If it does try to update it. Go to the 'update' button at the bottom. Then the 'phone' tab and try to update. If it says phone not supported, then just close NPS and continue with the Odin tutorial.
  18. beautychic

beautychic Member

I do not see 2 storage devices and GT-i7500... it is just intro to using NPS
  19. beautychic

beautychic Member

and it never pointed me to drivers... it hasnt asked me anything
  20. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Did you turn on USB debugging on the phone? If not unplug, turn it on, and plug it back in.
  21. Nefser

Nefser Active Member

You have to close the intro window (upper right X) to get the normal nps application window.
  22. beautychic

beautychic Member

I am following the link you gave me for the multi downloader and it is not recognizing a phone is plugged in. I have the downloading icon on the phone but its not being read by the program?
  23. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I found on my computer I need to unplug and replug the cable every time I boot the phone into fastboot, recovery or download mode.

Also did it ask you for a driver once in download mode? You may need to install this driver:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE1SEO0G

Check device manager to see if its seen the phone or not.
  24. beautychic

beautychic Member

i dont know, i think that I give up.... I finally got the device to be recognized and it failed, twice??
  25. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you ticked the boxes in the guide etc, and also did it reboot into fastboot and ask for a driver? Thats the most common problem usually.

You can manually put it into fastboot by powering down and then press call+power and you should see this:

Fastboot Mode and Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy | receptorBlog

Your computer will ask for a driver, point it to the driver i posted above. Now remove the battery and do Odin again (using download mode). This time it will have the driver already setup when it goes into fastboot.

Also post the log in odin, what failed?