Missing 'Android Wallpapers' after your update? Go here...

Last Updated: 2010-06-28 23:48:56
  1. MinimalistChris

MinimalistChris Active Member

Just thought I would help out anybody like me who updated their phone, but missed having their "Android Wallpaper" themes.

Just download and install them on your SD card here:

Nexus One Wallpapers - Nexus One Wallpapers

Note: I noticed that it did not contain the grey Nexus wallpaper (looks like the Grey Live Wallpaper with the light streaking across). Anybody have any luck finding that one?

Advertisement
  2. jtreminio

jtreminio Member

Speaking of which, does anyone know why the EVO doesn't come with a live wallpaper as its default?
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

The basic look of the default setup hasn't changed for quite a while. It's been the same across phones/versions. It's something they probably just saw no need to change. It's customizable so customize it!
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i had the nexus grey/color streak live wallpaper before the update and it stayed there after the update. nothing was deleted from the wallpaper section as far as i can tell.
  5. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

The wallpaper you have set is saved elsewhere. If you were to change your wallpaper and want to go back to the Android wallpaper you've been using, it would be impossible.
  6. marctronixx

i dont follow you sir/ma'am,

not sure if your post is directed to what i said, but id like some more explanation on your below post kindly.... :)

7. secretmethod70

Not sure how to make it any more clear... When you set a wallpaper, that image is stored elsewhere (I don't know where). You can test this by setting a custom wallpaper, deleting the file, and then restarting your phone. The wallpaper will still load properly. So, even though the update removed the Android wallpapers, the one you're using still works. If you change your wallpaper, you won't be able to get your current Android wallpaper back unless you download it from the above site.
  8. MinimalistChris

Lemme try and take a stab... I think what they're trying to say is this:

You're using a wallpaper that belonged in the "Android Wallpapers" theme. If you were to switch to any other wallpaper right now, then try to go back to using the aforementioned wallpaper in the "Android Wallpapers" theme, you would not find it because the update got rid of all the images in that folder.

So in essence, it's kind of like thinking about copy/paste on a desktop. You have pasted an image and it currently resides where you like, but as soon as you copy and paste another one, the previous one is gone. not the best analogy, but that's all I could come up with.

I hope this makes sense!
  9. kellte2

kellte2 Well-Known Member

this is a bummer
  10. marctronixx

well i figured thats what was meant..

i have two scenes saved. i just switched between the two and they both are still there. the live wallpapers are still in existence.. nothing has been removed... thats why im confused to the post that was made...
  11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

My question is,,,,,why on earth did they disappear in the first place?
  12. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

As far as the "Nexus" wallpaper goes...

It was under "Live Wallpapers" for me, so it's still there...
  13. secretmethod70

Yes, because the image is saved with the scene. Delete that scene, and the wallpaper is gone.
  14. secretmethod70

You can test this out by creating a new scene with a downloaded image as wallpaper. Delete the downloaded image, and you can still switch back and forth between scenes and that wallpaper will work. Delete that scene and now try to find that downloaded wallpaper to use... it won't be anywhere to be found.
  15. champ051005

champ051005 Active Member

I think what he is saying is that before the update, we had the following options for wallpaper. (From hitting menu > wallpaper)
    Android Wallpaper
    HTC Wallpaper
    Live Wallpaper
    Gallery

After the update, the Android Wallpaper option is no longer there.
  16. marctronixx

just deleted a scene that had the "leaves" wallpaper in the live section..

the "leaves" live wallpaper is still there....

what am i still missing??:confused:

17. The Dorian

The only thing that was deleted was the "Android Wallpapers".

"Live Wallpapers" and "HTC Wallpapers" are still there.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. champ051005

The Live wallpaper is unchanged. The only thing that is changed is "Android Wallpaper"
    marctronixx likes this.
  19. champ051005

Dorian beat me to it lol
    marctronixx likes this.
  20. The Dorian

champ051005 and marctronixx like this.
  21. marctronixx

OOHHHH there was ANDROID WALLPAPER!!???

to be honest with you i dont even remember it. i honestly do not even remember seeing the android wallpaper.. well if thats the case then i understand.. i missed the "android wallpaper" part.. :rolleyes: thats because i never even remember seeing it in the first place.

i only used the live wallpapers and one or two scenes had custom wallpaper and i would just switch scenes..

my bag.....:rolleyes:

and thanks champ for the smack to the 4head!

The Dorian and champ051005 like this.
  22. marctronixx

i thanked you guys.... appreciate it.. ill buy you your beverage of choice next time your in Atlanta...

ok.. as you were.. nothing else to see here... :-\
    The Dorian and champ051005 like this.
  23. champ051005

haha....anytime. Happens to all of us!
  24. MinimalistChris

LOL... too funny! I'll take a Guiness, thanks ;)
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. The Dorian

No problem.

I never really cared for Android Wallpapers either. I'm glad they're gone. Was just clutter.