MIssing Apps from the download section of the Market

Last Updated:

1. -Jester-

-Jester- Member This Topic's Starter

I recently rooted my HTC Magic, witht he Cyanogen rom, 4.15.1.

Using Astro, i reinstalled all the applications that I wanted from the back up on the SD card.

Now, however, when I look at the list of downloaded apps in the market I do not see any of the apps that i installed via Astro.

2 questions come from this.
    Will the applications installed via Astro still be notified of updates?
    If nt, is there a way of re populating the download list with all the applications installed on the phone?

Thank you.
    :)

Advertisement
  2. kski

kski Member

you will not receive updates but you can always manually check or try app called (atrackdog it runs through your apps and lets you know if there are any updates), but i like you receive the updates so i ussually just download them all again doesnt take more than five minutes

3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I dunno, I only had one app backed up to SD, and have gotten a system notification about an update about it since rooting.

I *did* have to Uninstall Updates on Market (under Manage Applications), to get the Market to install apps after the 15.1 update. Not sure if that made the difference.

4. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

All that you need to do is download and install over the apps that you re-installed by way of Astro. Then you'll get updates. So if you had installed Handcent, or whatever, backed it up, rooted, then reinstalled it from Astro, you just need to download it from the market again, it will ask if you want to overwrite the version you already have, go ahead and do that and then you'll receive updates from it.

If you'd bought the app from the market, it will show up no matter what, because that is linked to your google account, so if you are using the same google account, you'll see those, but not the free apps.

5. -Jester-

-Jester- Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the quick reply.

I guess the best idea would be to download them all again, but it kinda negates the point of backing up your apps?!

:)

6. kski

kski Member

when you back up your apps and then reinstall them you keep the same settings you had.

7. mrothschild

mrothschild Member

Why even back up? Aren't you able to redownload apps you've already purchased?