Missing Apps not saved in backup

Last Updated:

1. Spaz007

Spaz007 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since the Android store doesn't have protected apps available to use yet for 2.1. Is there somewhere you can get them? I been looking for Cherry RPlayer and even though its free its protected. The backup I made didn't include it.

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Here you go
    Cherry Player
    And the Market is being worked on, give the people working on it some time.
    If you missing any other free ones let me know I have protected apps on my market, so i can download them and post them here or give you the app through pm, ONLY FREE ONES !

Spaz007 likes this.
  3. jonathanphx1

jonathanphx1 Active Member

I had the same problem, one solution is to install this rom. This is an HTC hero rom that was ported over to the eris that I am running right now. With this rom which is running 2.1 you will get access to the protected apps on the market. Read the known bugs section though. Included is an app that circumvents the power down hang and I actully like using it more then shutting dowen the phone the convential way hope this helps. People running eris with 2.1 don't have access because it has not been officially released yet.

[ROM] Aloysius 2.0 PORT V5 (4/18/10) - xda-developers

4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Really? I thought I was one of the hand full of people that had 2.1 market ....
    Can you do me a favor and look up US BANK on your market and see if it comes up with the bank app? its called mobile banking for android.
    If it does you really do have the 2.1 market, if it doesn't then you don't have protected apps

5. jonathanphx1

Yes it comes up on my screen it says " Mobile Banking for Android" and the author is Firethorn Holdings LLC.

6. Spaz007

Spaz007 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks T2noob, I have more I want but the main one was the player. I use it everyday.

7. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yes You have protected apps pretty kewl. Can you install the apps though?
    because the dev is telling me that You may have the apps but maybe you won't be able to install them. Can you try installing Skype and tell me if it gives you any errors? I say skype because thats a vzw app and he is saying those might give you trouble.

8. jonathanphx1

I can install the protected apps, I will try to install skype later today.

9. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yeah try that skype on and the nfl one from vzw.