Missing Apps? Sense-able v2.0

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i took the plunge and rooted my phone tonight. Was a pretty painless process, everything went fine. I'm getting around to installing the apps i had on there and a few of them arne't showing up on the app store. Will these be showing up soon? I made a backup of all my apk files before doing anything so i know i can get them back if i really need to but i don't know if they'll get updates if i just do a manual install like that. Any info is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jonathanphx1

jonathanphx1 Active Member

Yes there are some apps that will not appear in your android market because they are not compatible with android 2.1 that is why they do not appear, and vise versa there will be apps that will appear in your android market now that did not when you were running android 1.5. Some of those apk files that you backed up maybe only compatible on phones running android 1.5.

3. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yea the eris doesn't officially have 2.1 so not all apps are open to us in the market. So if you have back ups of your apps you can't find on the market use them and no you won't get updates, because if you back up from the sd card they aren't linked to the market therefore can't check if they're any updates.

4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Isn't there a patch or app that makes the (usually unavailable) apps reappear? I thought I heard of something like appenabler or something.

5. jwm2

Well that sucks, the apps that don't appear are the ones i spent the most money on. Like MLB At Bat $15 and several games that were $2.99-$4.99.

6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

have you tried running your apk backups? Or they just didnt work?

7. jwm2

No i haven't tried that yet, i will do that this afternoon.

8. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  9. jwm2

How do you use market-enabler? I can't seem to find any instructions on running it. I'll search google again though. I'm in the USA and the apps i'm reffering to are one i bought before i rooted my phone. So far i haven't been able to find a solution, so i'll just wait and see if something pops up. I have appbrain trying to push the downloads but it won't work until they appear in the app store. If i could find a way to enable the market updates i could just install them from an older apk file, but i don't know of anyway of doing that and getting market updates on them in the future.