Missing calls more than ever

Last Updated:

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator This Topic's Starter

I have been missing many calls from my Hero more than any other Sprint phone I owned, has anyone experienced this issue ?? not even a ring, full bars of signal strength and goes to voicemail at times, not all the time but my wife says it happens a lot when she tries to contact me, any suggestions folks ?? I read some stuff about the Slot Index would this solve my issue?? or would I be best to root my phone since I am still stock?? :(

Advertisement
  2. tailsthecat

tailsthecat Well-Known Member

lower the slot cycle index, may help you. get your msl, enter ##data#, then click edit. follow the commands, then find the slot cycle index. mine is on zero and my phone rings immediately after a call is placed to it. good luck

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Might need to put instructions here... I don't know what to look for (search) so I can't really help here. Someone have a link to the thread?

4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

5. DonB

Here you go i knew how to do it as I read it on this forum before i think, but wanted to know if it would help, here is the info for you

6. DonB

My only reason for asking about the slot index is, it describes it about the ring lag, my issue is that it does not ring at all sometimes, so wanted to hear from anyone that had this issue and did do the slot index and if it helped

7. DonB

OK call Sprint and got the MSL number and changed the slot index number to zero, I checked to see from my landline and it rings twice on the landline side before it rings on my Hero, so I will report back and see if I am still missing calls :)

8. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I have set my slot index, and I have a disturbing issue where the caller sometimes doesn't even hear a single ring, but goes straight to voice mail, so obviously if that happens, I will never receive a ring. ;)

I have observed that my signal strength varies wildly at home, sometimes 4 bars, sometimes none... I am always 1x since I am just outside of 3G coverage.

Also, when I sit in my bedroom I get complaints of cutting out, but from my living room I seem to be fine. Both locations are on outside wall on the same side of the house.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or cell tower issue? My wireless router is in the bedroom, is there potential interference between wireless G routers and cell phones?

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

The VM without hearing a ring, the cutouts and lack of 3g would all indicate there is a low signal situation present. Now, that may be one of two things, either the signal/Tower or the phone. The Hero does pretty good with signal from my personal experience (better than my last phone) so it could be a defective phone in your hand. IDK, but... if you didn't have this problem previously, I would have the phone checked and possibly replaced.

The WiFi G and Cell Signal are 2 different freq, so no interference there...

Regards
    :cool:

10. DonB

So far have not missed a call today but it is still early will keep you all posted