Missing calls while useing Apps!!! HELPSupport

Last Updated:

1. n9uom

n9uom New Member This Topic's Starter

:confused: Help Please, when I am useing Apps, IE. Facebook, Messing, or Browseing the web, I miss incoming calls, the caller (WIFE and others) goes directly to my voice mail, I have checked to see it the check box in the contacts section is check or not (the one that tells the contact to go to VM), and it is UNCHECKED, yet calls still goto VM, the even go to VM after i am done surfen or TXTing, is there some way to tell the phone or a check box that i can check to accept all incomeing calls no mater what i am doing, i have even called CS to see if CALL FWDing got turned on some how, they told me nope!!! can anyone help please, the wife is getting a bit iratated :confused: :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Phone model?

3. Milez5858

Milez5858 Member

My phone occasionally changes the ringtone and notifications to "Silence". You could check that I suppose. That could make it seem like it was going straight to voicemail. I can't remember now what app I finally found was doing it, but it wasn't actually the phone itself but something 3rd party.

So.. I think that is in settings.. Sound and Display... phone ringtones and Notifications ringtones... to have a quick look.

4. n9uom

I have the Milestone A854,

5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

You didn't just port your number over from another carrier recently did you?

6. n9uom

Nope, been with ACS Alaska for over a year, and have had this phone now for 2 months, upgraded my Acct from a LG Script to this Moto Milestone.

7. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

I think there could be two main reasons for this.

You might have downloaded an app that has Phone access and it is causing phone calls to transfer straight to voicemail. Go to [Settings>Applications>Manage applications] then select an application and scroll down to view the permissions. In other words a software issue.

Or the other possibility is to do with the hardware. Is it possible that you are not always on 3G? I have read that ACS Alaska has the "best" 3G coverage in Alaska but I can't be sure if that's true in the area you live. If you lose reception to your 3G network it will fall back to your 2G network. While being on a 2G network you will not be able to have voice and data at the same time(Although voice calls are the priority). While on your Milestone desktop keep track of the symbol indicating your network type to ensure you're always on 3G.

n9uom likes this.
  8. n9uom

Well it looks like i will be SOL, i am in g3 in fairbank but here in delta i am in 1x, this sucks!!!