Missing calls

Last Updated:

1. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so one of my most hated issues has just arisen with my hero:

It's sat on my desk, enjoying full signal. All of a sudden it chimes up that it's got a new voicemail. No missed calls, no nothing, just a voicemail.

I HATE THAT!!!!!

Can't decide whether to scream at orange or whether to scream at HTC.

Advertisement
  2. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

You need to slap orange and maybe get a new sim card.

3. chrisjenx

chrisjenx Member

I think a bit of both, I'm hoping a lot of issues are going to be fixed in the coming this week or next.

I think its the proccy not leaving enough time to listening to the network properly.

Although this could be a SIM issue, orange tech seem convinced that the sim card doesn't need there sim cards to touch all of the phones pins. Im not 100% on how SIM's work but I'm pretty sure if there some missing connections then it will make some kind of differnce?

Really if the comming patch doesn't fix a lot of issues I think we all need to get together so they know its causing lots of problems.

As for signal issues, I unlocked my phone and tested my Three Sim which not only gets much better signal but is much faster...

So I'm still in the belief that Orange are at fault here still for a lot of issues.

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting stuff.

I get why the three sim may give better signal - but make the phone faster? How is that happening?
    Is the phone faster unlocked, and is it better unlocked with the orange sim, than locked with the same sim?

My new sim was shipped on friday. Expecting it in the post today.

Orange are a pain in a55 - they don't want to solve problems, they just want to replace handsets and sims. If they can get this right, then I will send the handset back, terminate the contract, and go to T-Mobile. At least they have android experience with the G1.

5. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

I used to get this a lot on my Nokia N95, it's hardly a Hero issue! I've not had the Hero for long but I used to get a few missed calls on the N95 when I was walking about the house with the phone on me. I've not had the issue on the Hero yet but I hardly ever use it as a phone ;)

6. a7awo

a7awo Member

Is anyone still having the 'missed calls' problem as I am :( ... I have an unlocked Hero (updated with recent ROM) using a T-Mobile SIM and I am getting missed calls (followed up by a text msg telling me this) plus I sometimes can hear my voice thru the ear speaker as I speak and sometimes I can only hear myself and not the person on the other end ... this has also happened to one person who rang me ... they could only hear themselves.

This is really bugging me and I think I is the phone rather than any provider troubles.

Anybody with the same problem? anyone managed to fix it or get any progress on why its happening.

p.s. I reboot every day now and I also kill unwanted tasks periodically.

7. anwar_fadhl

anwar_fadhl New Member

Problem not unique to any particular network which suggests it is an issue with the phone.

I am getting the same problem with my Hero on T-Mobile. Full signal but calls not getting through at all.

T mobile do not seem to know what the problem is and offered a sim replacement but i do not get this problem when using the same sim in a nokia N97.

The phone has been sent for repair once already and TMobile want it posted back to them for a second attempt at fixing the problem but i am not holding my breath for a repair to work.

Also have the (common) problem of intermittent data transfer.