Missing contact in Facebook when trying to linkSupport

Last Updated:

1. cobaz

cobaz Member This Topic's Starter

Searched through the forums, didn't see a similar topic discussed. Just happened a few days ago, where one of my contacts on my phone from Gmail that was linked to Facebook all of a sudden is unlinked. When I tried to relink to fix it, the contact doesn't appear on the list to link. Going into the Facebook app, the contact is listed there. Anyone run into this or have any idea how to fix? Tried a reset already, after backing up apps/messages.

Advertisement
  2. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue i just noticed. I have a friend on facebook, got their number, then went to link on the phone, and no facebook shows up. Check facebook on my computer and that contact is still there.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Yeah I had this happen to me too. Make sure the contact is under "My Contacts" when you go to gmail.com -> contacts. If the person is there multiple times, select them all and merge them into 1 contact and re-sync.

if it still doesn't work, try making a gmail contact from the phone with the same name, re-link and sync, and it should pull down all the info again.

4. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Moved to Support and Troubleshooting.

5. cobaz

Contact is there in Gmail. Was working completely fine just a few days ago, then poof. Recreated contact in Gmail, still can't link. It's like this person doesn't exist when I go to link from the manual link list, however any other place where I can see a list of friends, they are there.

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Not in gmail. On your phone, open the people app, and create a new contact. There is an option for contact type, either phone or gmail. Select gmail and type in the person's name, and number. Then it should sync to facebook, and pull down the other details from the contact already in gmail.

7. cobaz

Regardless if I make a new contact or try to edit an old, if I go into the Facebook directory of the People app, she doesn't show up. That's what's weird.

8. zobie02

zobie02 Well-Known Member

Was a solution ever discovered for this?

I am having the same issue with two contacts. I tried deleting the contact and readded from gmail and phone. But the friend doesn't link, and when I try to link manually they do not show up in the facebook list for me to link them. Any idea's anyone?? It's a rather annoying issue.

9. zobie02

zobie02 Well-Known Member

someone ought to know something? Anyone? Please?