Missing Contact Info When Linked w/ FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. CoCwby

CoCwby New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently upgraded to the Motorola Droid 2. When I logged into all of my accounts the contacts came over and auto linked to Facebook...this is fine, but the Google contacts with phone numbers are being hidden by the Facebook contact info and not showing their phone number.

Is there a fix for this? Do I have to sign out of my Facebook account to see phone numbers?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Known issue, no known fix other than either remove FB account.

The unofficial 2.3.15 release may fix this, but not confirmed.

If you want the phone numbers, tap on the picture for the contact (or the contact picture place-holder) and you'll get a pop-up that allows you to view/select all the numbers for that person.

3. Droid2Newb

Droid2Newb Member

Is this the same reason some people's numbers show up and others don't?

Also, I'm having a problem where sometimes everything comes up quickly while other times, it can take 20 to 30 seconds for the information to appear. Which means the phone sometimes goes to screen saver before I can do anything. Same issue?

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I haven't found any logic to the error, other than it may be whether the account has a recent status update.

Never seen/heard about contacts taking 30s to appear (or even 5s)...that doesn't sound like the same issue at all. I have over 800 contacts and contacts is up and ready in a few seconds, and opening a contact is fast.

You may need to do something "drastic" like wiping data and letting everything reload.
    Apps/settings/data/accounts will be removed from phone, apps/settings will restore, you'll have to add your email accounts again and then contacts will restore (assuming these are Gmail contacts).

You could also try just clearing data/cache for your contacts...go into Settings>Applications>Manage>All apps and clear data/cache for Contacts

5. Syko

Syko Member

I am also having these issues. I don't use FB but I do use Twitter & any contact that I link with their Twitter account loses the phone number display. I end up unlinking the contact or using the drop down box as suggested by Redflea.

In addition to slow loading for the contacts, I also have a related issue. When I select a specific contact (especially one with a great deal of info), I find that when I scroll down to look at information, the phone forces me back to the top of that contacts info. It's driving me crazy. :mad: It's as if the phone is still loading information and sometimes I have to wait quite a long time for it to stop "thinking" in order to view what I want to view. The company I work for has 12 locations and multiple phone lines at every location and all are listed under the company name. Once I select my company from the contact list, I literally have 40-50 phone numbers to scroll thru to find the one I need at any given time. Once I start scrolling, I get forced back to the top repeatedly for what seems like a couple minutes before it will relax and let me scroll. Once it gets past this hiccup and does let me scroll, it's perfect. Anyone else experiencing this?

edit: I have @ 500 contacts which is significantly less than the 800+ contacts Redflea has so why this is happening is beyond me.

6. Syko

Syko Member

It would appear that the latest update (2.3.20) has fixed both of these issues for me. Very happy right now. :)

7. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I might actually entertain the idea of linking FB then. hmmmm.