missing contacts in phonebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. mauvai

mauvai Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my contacts dissappeared of my phone (se xperia 10 mini pro) . I tried syncing from the sim card, and they reappeared in my my messages, but not in my phone book, which is completely empty. I also ttied selecting group to display, but every time I try, it it force closes. I dont have any contacts in my google mail account either as iv never used it. Anyone no whats going on? It could be a settint I changed by accident, but I cant see why it would cause that... Help!?

Advertisement
  2. mauvai

I have also tried creating a new contact, which made it force cloase again, restarting the phone, and updatint the Software (for which there was actually an update available). All failed.

3. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

moved to the correct sub forum, good luck!!

mauvai likes this.
  4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Do you have Data Synchronisation ticked for Auto Sync and Contacts on in Settings because I know this has caused problems... as your google account is empty it keeps synching the phone to the empty account and wiping whats on the phone.

Can I just confirm that you carried out a repair on either Sony Ericsson Update Service or PC Companion and that that didn't resolve the problem?

The only other thing is to return the phone for repair via your retailer / carrier if you have no joy with anything anyone comes up with on here.

5. mauvai

My settings in auto sync had been erased, but I put them in again and auto sync was unchecked anyway. I imported from sim again and still nothing.
    And yes I used the pc companion update service to update. Im told this update was to android T.R but it feels exactly the same....

6. mauvai

My settings in auto sync had been erased, but I put them in again and auto sync was unchecked anyway. I imported from sim again and still nothing.
    And yes I used the pc companion update service to update. Im told this update was to android 2.1 but it feels exactly the same....

7. mauvai

Fixed it! For anyone else that has this problem: go to settings>applications>manage application>contacts STORAGE and delete the data there (i only had about 150 kbs in there which is obviously wrong for 200 contacts).