missing contacts

1. dsyvoravong23

dsyvoravong23 New Member

I'm getting a little irritated. The past few days, I've been trying to figure out what happened to all my contacts (only had my HTC ONE for a week so far) it was all there at the beginning, but then I notice days later, it went missing. Then I would save new #s , then it would go bye bye again!! I've synced everything. My gmail notifications had stop working as well ever since I updated the software.. 5 minutes ago I fixed that. Thanks to one of the forums on this site! I'm a little bit upset that my contacts are gone. Is there way to restore them or do I just need to ask everyone for their numbers again?! Btw , what is up with me saving them again, and then end up missing minutes later? #headaches

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Are your contacts set to show just your Gmail account, phone storage or both?

Are they there on the Gmail contacts via a PC browser?
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. dsyvoravong23

dsyvoravong23 New Member

Nope not on any of them anymore. Totally vanished outta nowhere!!
    scotty85 and EarlyMon like this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Upper left, People main page, Phonebook drop down - everything there is zero as well? :(

Btw, welcome to the forums, sorry about the circumstances.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. dsyvoravong23

dsyvoravong23 New Member

There's nothing ..it swiped contacts off ever since I updated my new software. Maybe that might be the case??
  6. dsyvoravong23

dsyvoravong23 New Member

Thank u!
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

I've never heard of an HTC update causing all contacts to be lost and I thought I'd heard them all.

But, as they say, stuff happens.

If they're not in your People and not on web from a PC, then you have to go and recreate them.

I guess I'd do it on the web, faster/easier typing.

While you're there, go to the various options, look for Import/Export - select all contacts and export as a vCard file.

That's your best bet for a backup.

Next, I'd back up the data like your pictures and music etc, and do a factory data reset.

If you want to save your apps and data and sms/call log, check out Helium Backup in the Play Store, it's free.

Then watch your phone like a hawk and if it glitches hard again, I'd take it right back and ask for a replacement.

Lemons happen. I've had to do it. Hopefully you won't and this was a one time freak thing.