Missing email attachmentsSupport

1. Nozza0952

Nozza0952 New Member

Hi, I'm a new member and hoping someone can help me.
    I've just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 3G/WiFi.
    I'm having an issue with email attachments on the generic email (not the Gmail one but the pop3 one)
    If I receive an email, I can see the little paperclip icon that tells me there's an attachment on the left side of the screen, When I open the email though, there's no trace of an attachment to open. If I then forward this email to my Gmail account, the attachment is there and opens OK.
    I tried a number of sending scenarios and guess what?? It appears that the attachment is not accessible on if sent from an iPhone or iPad. Could this be Apple sabbotage???
    Can anyone help with a way around this without me having to resend emails to my Gmail account everytime I get one with an attachment?
    Many thanks in advance
    UPDATE: Just verified that attachments not being received on Samsung email application if sent from Apple product only (eg iphone or ipad). Works fine if sent from any other.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this??

Advertisement
    :
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I've had similar issues with Samsung's email client with Mac attachments like PDF's and Powerpoint files. I think it's more on the Apple side than our side. I know on a Mac there's an option for a "PC friendly attachment".

You can try to use K9 mail if you need a POP3 email client.
    Nozza0952 likes this.