Missing G-sensor calibration in 2.1

Last Updated:

1. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I know about the known issue of Hero G-sensor not able to save the calibration. I waited till I get the 2.1 hoping this will fix the issue. Right now. Nor does it not fix the issue I cant find the option anymore .....

Bubble calibrates and remebers okay. But those apps like google sky or teeter arent affected by that....

Some apps have their own calibrations like bubble - works well or papijump.

But abduction with its own calibration wont work...

Suspecting that google sky map and others wont work either ...

Anyone happy with 2.1 (+ more issues in this forum) like me?

And anyone know where i could find the setting in 2.1? Am either blind or its not there...

The advice with the tapping and turning and tapping etc did it work for anyone?

Advertisement
  2. nedamdam

Seriously am the only one missing it? :) (Sorry for the bump)

3. Hannott

Hannott Member

I called HTC, and they have no clue. They told me to send them an email regarding the matter and they would see if they maybe wanted to do something about it. Lol, the guy I talked to could not even get his hands on a Hero with 2.1 on it......

4. nedamdam

Ah thanks and you did that just for me? :p Or you have the same issue? Wrote them also in an older ticket :D (for the speed and lagging issue).

A woman from HTC answered me that I can backup my data etc and should do a factory reset.

THERE IS NO BACKUP on her described way..... (or somewhere else as far I can see)

I think they messed up...... big time ....... I think there are more 2.1 things that are missing .....

and they have no clue whats the 2.1 on a Hero (they had soo much time and sprint was out sooner, yet they bring out a buggy 2.1 with no changes.....)

5. Hannott

Hannott Member

I have the same issue. I assume most people have, but might take a while before everyone notices..

So, yes, I also assume they messed up. Shame, cus I sorta feel that Hero is abandoned from now on. This 2.1 update was just to get ppl of their backs. But we'll see

6. gimi

gimi Member

Sent HTC a question/complaint about this now. (Keep them on their toes, third issue I have reported since upgrading)

Another settings issue.
    The menu under Accessibility i greyed out on my phone. Can't select or deselect. Is this correct?

If this is correct, why is it there and what does it do.

7. nedamdam

The accesibility is the same for me. (Did the factory reset. Which didnt help at all... what a surprise...) Yop I guess if more ppl report the trouble with some of those things. We get either into a spam filter or nah, I guess the spam filter :D (Still wont stop till I get a nicer answer :) )

8. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

No, you're not.

This is weird :D :D I can't find it too :D

9. Hannott

Hannott Member

I got a reply from HTC. A standard copy paste where they recommended factory reset. Apparently they are either ******ed, and have no clue that calibrating and resetting are two exact opposites, or they do not read the emails they get.

10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Accessibility is greyed out even on custom ROMs (which usually get all the fun stuff) so I don't think you're missing out there.

11. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Accessibility is also greyed out on my son's new unrooted Desire with stock firmware:confused:

12. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I've googled it and it seems, if you can tick the tickbox under acessibility, it will give you options for 'Kickback' (vibration when touched) 'Soundback' (plays sounds at certain times) and 'Talkback' (it tells you verbally which screen you're on and so on).

I understand it not being in a custom ROM, to save space, but I wonder how you activate it on stock desire ROM.

13. nedamdam

Ok, accesibility not there, got it but where is the G-sensor? Btw a friend of mine with a Taiwan rom says he has the G-sensor option . Its modaco though but not some cooked version or how you call it.

14. nedamdam

So since the 405.2 update which should be even my country is still not here.... according a htc baltic support rep. (and it should be here long time ago) . I fixed my G-sensor using Slugs link http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/7681-g-sensor-problem.html#post59144 to xda forum and using the method with root explorer and just editing the offsets :D like jwedda (I cant even update, since I made some changes to my apps :p thats why manually, but was easy and fast :D)

If someone wants to try at its own risk.

Its just about root explorer editing in data/misc AK8973Prms.txt
    2 values
    AOFFSET.x=0
    AOFFSET.y=0

Mine are
    AOFFSET.x=16
    AOFFSET.y=-10

and save.

For testing I had bubble. So after every save I checked how the bubble app is doing :) when it blinked green 0/0

15. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member

there is an update comeing OTA which adds G-sensor calibration, should be on your phone soon

16. nedamdam

Thats the 405.2 = G-sensor fix I mentioned in my reply before :) .
    Now the actuall firmware ends in 405.1. And this one yes should be here soon. Problem is, we already should have it according the htc baltic rep and the techsupport guys from htc. They checked the settings and Slovakia is on the right list. I do hope they check again since no one I know received it yet. But Poland on the same list got it a week ago :)

And I cant use it since mine hero is rooted and without some apps. Thats why I wrote how I fixed it till its safe for me apply this update. Anyway thanks for the info.

17. praga

praga New Member

18. nedamdam

So I got the update now. But I am kinda worried to apply and not to apply in the same time :) . Soo as I read in the xda thread it will fail :) . SO I need the apps and push them to the system/app :) will try later

19. mrreach_69

mrreach_69 Member

Theres a setting for G-sensor calibration is under the sound and display menu. Is this what your looking for?

20. nedamdam

mrreach yes but for 2.1 Stock users it came just now (1.5 it didnt work)

So finally I am running the .......405.2 update :D

Slovakia Stock 2.1 and after update I rooted again and worked :)