• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing Google Play App

gu3st

Lurker
Apr 14, 2014
Hi guys,
I'm moron and I uninstalled Google Play from my rooted Galaxy Gio S5660 [not "my wife" or "kids"]
I made backup using "Titanium Backup ★ root" sometime ago but of course I had to uninstall that app too [moron ^2].
Can anyone help me?
[help with phone of course because my state of mind is incurable]

Just do an FDR. You'll have to set everything up again, but it should restore the ROM to its virgin state and Play Store should have been built into the ROM. Of course, since you are rooted, make sure you know the correct way to do an FDR with whatever bootloader you are using. Clockwork is pretty straight forward, if I remember correctly, but I don't know about the other options. So read first.

Upvote 0
The titanium backup file should still be on the device even though you uninstalled the app so move that file to your memory card or to a PC or the cloud before wiping the phone then you can download titanium once Play is fixed and restore your apps. (if you do the reset in custom recovery the file won't be touched so you don't have to move it)

Ps guys doesn't Play have to be installed in /system/priv-app to work? Id maybe try that before wiping

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones