1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Missing Google Play Store Icon

1. CWatters

CWatters New Member

My son came to me with his Android tablet saying the play store icon had vanished. He was right. It's not on the home page or in the Apps drawer.

However it appeared to be still there according to Settings -> Apps. So I fired up the browser and went to the play store website the tablet asked me if I wanted to "complete that action using Play Store" (or words to that effect) and that worked just fine. So he can at least use the play store but getting there without an icon anywhere is a pain.

So I uninstalled play store and reinstalled it (version 4.1.10) and still no icon appeared.

Rebooting made no difference and there seems to be plenty of space/storage.

Anything else to try before I reset the thing to factory default and start over?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Clear data from which ever launcher(home app) you're using. You will have to set up all your home pages again but you will still have all your other app data.
  3. CWatters

CWatters New Member

Thanks will give it a go.

Edit: Actually before I do that... I don't think the icon is anywhere else either so I'm not sure how I can add it the Home page when I come to set that up again.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Install ES File Explorer, its app manager is able to create shortcuts of "hidden" apps on the home screen.
    Open ES's app manager (Tools, App Manager, System Apps ...), you'll find the Play Store app, and create a shortcut of it ...voila :)

Harry
  5. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

A further suggestion (bearing in mind I'm not familiar with your device) is that when you open the app drawer is there a tiny play store icon at the top or is there a menu icon within the app drawer? On my Sense 4+ phone there is a play icon in that position & I've used launchers with a menu function which has the play store as one of the options.