• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Google Play

cxk

Lurker
Apr 13, 2012
My X10 mini pro will not update from Android Market to Google Play. I tried different things, but nothing worked, so I contacted Sony Ericsson Support, with the question:

"My x10 mini pro has still not updated from android market to google play. Why is that? When will it happen? Is there anything I can do?"

and got the following answer:

"Google will not be launching Google Play for units running less than Android 2.3. Unfortunately no further updates is scheduled for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro (currently on Android 2.1)."

Is that really true?

If somebody have a link on how to root my phone and update to 2.3 in an easy way, please let me know.

Cheers,
CxK

My X10 mini pro will not update from Android Market to Google Play. I tried different things, but nothing worked, so I contacted Sony Ericsson Support, with the question:

"My x10 mini pro has still not updated from android market to google play. Why is that? When will it happen? Is there anything I can do?"

and got the following answer:

"Google will not be launching Google Play for units running less than Android 2.3. Unfortunately no further updates is scheduled for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro (currently on Android 2.1)."

Is that really true?

If somebody have a link on how to root my phone and update to 2.3 in an easy way, please let me know.

Cheers,
CxK

the easy way to update your android to 4.0.4 is by connecting your phone to your laptop and u will be prompt to install the phone kit.. install it and u will recieve notification to update your android..its will take 20 to 30 minute updating process depand on connection..

about the google play. u may go to google play manually and press the url for several seconds..a menu will open and select "add to home screen" it will create short cut..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones