Missing Htc Clock, Alarm, Stopwatch app

Last Updated:

1. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know where I can get the original Htc alarm/clock/stopwatch app that comes w/ sense?

I rooted/rom'd to virt and have somehow lost the app. So I can't set an alarm on my phone LoL. Just want the original back & would rather not have to reflash my phone if possible.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. snoggish

snoggish Member

Do you remember which it was? I have a World Clock and HTC Clock Widget on my phone. Not sure if the widget's just a widget that hooks into the clock or if it's both of 'em.

And do you have clockwork mod? Because you could just restore to a point before you deleted it, and if you don't HAVE any backups, you should consider making some asap. It only takes a few minutes.

Anyway, here's the HtcClockWidget.apk from my phone. I don't see any reason the apk and your phone wouldn't play well together; but a nandroid backup couldn't hurt...
    HtcClockWidget.apk

Iam918 likes this.
  3. Iam918

I'm not sure which installs the whole app but I'm thinking it's the world clock i need. Does that go in the /system/app folder as well?

I used adb to push HtcClockWidget.apk to /system/app folder

per thread SOLVED - Theming HtcClockWidget.apk - xda-developers

I even tried the widget from them. Didn't work. Won't install normally.

I have a nandroid backup from right before I flashed to Virt3.1 w/ IncRevo theme. Was just trying to keep from going back that far. I'm not even sure at what point I, most likely, uninstalled it. LoL

4. snoggish

snoggish Member

Awww. Bummer. Here's my World Clock app (And yeah, it was in the /system/app folder). I'll poke around some more and see if i can find anything else. Did it give you any errors?
    WorldClock.apk
    I could give you the .odex files, but people seem to say that that's a bad idea. Buuut I'm pretty sure you need 'em to run the app.

Iam918 likes this.
  5. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Extract the HtcClockWidget.apk and WorldClock.apk from the Virtuous zip file and push them to /system/app and see if that helps.

I don't remember if that ROM uses the stock lockscreen or not but if it does you may also need LockScreen.apk for the alarm to work.

Iam918 likes this.
  6. snoggish

snoggish Member

NilsE's solution seems the most likely to work.

Either way, here's the Clock Widget, Lock Scree, and World Clock apk and odex files from the stock sense rom.
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    Trying to get all that to work might give you a headache. Haha

Iam918 likes this.
  7. Iam918

Woot!
    A HUGE thanks to both of you. I also hadn't even thought to look in the Virt zip for it LoL.

Putting the WorldClock.apk in there along w/ the HtcClockWidget.apk did it. (As I'm using Virt I went ahead and pulled them from the Zip as NilsE suggested. Just to make sure there wouldn't be any compatability issues)

8. gvenerate

gvenerate New Member

I'm having a similar problem. The weird thing is that the clock/weather widget is still appearing, but the clock app seems to have mysteriously disappeared. When I try to click on the clock, which would normally take me to the alarms/world clock etc., it doesn't respond and Clock is no longer in my app list. What do I do?

9. twokatmew

twokatmew Member

I'm having the same problem. Last night I modified and enabled a couple alarms, but later I noticed the alarm icon was missing from the notification bar. Sure enough, when I click on the time in the weather/clock widget, nothing happens. When I click on the weather, the weather app opens. My phone is stock running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and not rooted.

I see a weather app in the apps drawer, but there's no clock app. I assume there was one, even though I never accessed it via the apps drawer, always from the clock/weather widget. I do recall seeing a clock app icon in the recently used apps area though. Of course there's no sign of a clock app now.

Initially I just thought the widget broke, so I deleted it and created a new widget. It has the same problem though, and further investigation showed that the entire clock app is gone. I've rebooted the phone multiple times, and I even shut it off overnight hoping the phone had just freaked out temporarily, but the clock app is really gone.

I use the world clock, alarms, timer, stop watch, etc., very frequently, so having them gone is a real pain.

I've read about previous issues with a disappearing people app where a factory reset temporarily fixed the problem only to have the app disappear again shortly thereafter. I'm reticent to do a factory restore, as I've got lots of apps with much config data, and I'd hate to have to recreate all that only to have the same problem.

Help much appreciated!

10. twokatmew

twokatmew Member

11. darkehorse

darkehorse Member

Go to Menu-Settings-Applications-manage applications.
    Click the all tab, find the Clock Application, click on it. When the page comes up, click the Clear Data button. This process restored my missing alarm clock.

12. MyMamaIsALlama

MyMamaIsALlama New Member

Here is what I stumbled on during my research:

Cause

It has to do with possibly two things: software upgrade and battery disconnect. My widget functions for stock alarm, stopwatch, hourglass stopped working after both of these events happened in short proximity to each other.

FIX

Went to android market and downloaded Sense Analog Clock Widget 4 x 2. (the widget that came with my Incred2). Tried to install it as instructions in widget but wouldn't work. Deleted the downl loaded app and then went back to clock functions and they had returned back to normal. For how long? I don't know. Just did this about 15 minutes ago. Try it and see if it works for you!

13. annag1212

annag1212 New Member

so...I lost my alarm clock, after i set my first alarm. icon dissapeared, couldn't for the life of me find the alarm clock, only the weather, the world clock, etc. Those who have the HTC Incredible 2 may know what I'm talking about. But, just now, i got it. i went to clock, the alarm clock icon at the bottom, I held that down. then something popped up, cant remember what i did. an alarm clock icon came up wantting me to place it somewhere on desktop. I placed it down below, where the timer/world clock icons are. then i tapped on it, and VIOLA, my alarm clock appearred!!
    cant remember the exact steps, but if you're having problems like I was finding alarm clock, mess with stuff onthe clock page.

14. insert_funny

insert_funny Member

xxx

15. sunmoonjari

sunmoonjari New Member

This worked for me! Thanks.:)