• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ggsantafe

Lurker
May 20, 2012
Generally enjoying ICS and utilizing various tips from forum members for streamlining performance. However I would like to restore the Bluetooth, Wireless & Airplane icons that did appear on my home screen with GB. Now I have to go in to settings to access these features. Any tips on restoring them to a home screen are appreciated.

You can access them from the notification pull down screen. Even when the phone is locked. That being said, I dont know of any "short cuts" in the OS. Maybe you can find somthing on the market?......*cough*...."Play Store".

Is it me, or does "Play Store" sound kinda stupid?

Upvote 0
Good tip on the HD Widgets, gg.

I had a very similar question. I really liked the quick-toggle widgets right in Gingerbread that would toggle on/off Wi-fi, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, etc. with just one click. I got around most of it via widgets/apps from my GO Launcher. But the one quick-toggle that I really miss is the GPS on/off. Most of the GPS widgets I can find take you to the GPS settings rather than just on/off, like they had in Gingerbread. The one click was so convenient. Anybody have any suggestions? Or it is still there, and am I just missing it? Thanks, guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones