• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing images and videos

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Hi,

I have a 16 GB micro SD card in the note 3 with 3 GB free space. I have specified that images go into the SD card. When I take images, it appears fine. I can view it as normally and even retrieve the images few days after. I noticed that after extensive photo and video capture, some videos and photos are missing from the device. I noticed that earlier pictures are missing but also some new pictures and videos are missing. I have not turn on the upload to dropbox setting. I know the pictures are missing as I have incorporated them in the S Note and even uploaded the missing photos to facebook and whatsapp.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens and what is the cause of it?

Thanks

Have you checked the internal storage for the device yet?

Somehow they might of gotten put there. Plus if you are on KitKat it could be some issue with the read/write capabilities on SD Cards.

Yes. I had to use a recovery software to find recover back the software. The pics had been deleted! I guess remotely too as selected pics are gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones