• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a Galaxy S2 and recently installed Resurrection Remix on it. everything seems to be working with the exception of the keyboard. I cant input any text. It seems like a nice rom, I'd like to use it.. but how the hell are you supposed to send messages without a keyboard?? Any help anyone can offer would by hugely appreciated!

A little extra info..

1.) Model Number: SGH-177
2.) Android Version: 4.2.1
3.) Baseband Version: I777ucle5
4.) Kernel Version: 3.0.15-CM-g4dc1e60
5.) Build Number: Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.3

edit: I did try to download a new one through the play store, but since I cant type to set up my account.. no luck. Also, more information.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No, I actually got it from here:

Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S2! [GT-i9100][SGH-i777][V3.1.3][Android 4.2.1][Multi-user] | Galaxy S2 Root

Although I didnt realize there was a difference between the two keyboards. Does physical keyboard translate into external keyboard? Anyway, I screwed around with it and was able to turn off the physical keyboard and it worked! You, sir, are a genius. Thank you!

yes a physical keyboard is the external one vs a virtual or software keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones