Missing Mail

Last Updated:

1. action09

action09 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a bt account (POP) set up, works fine although it seems to clear itself after a week - not a big problem as I have them on my home machine - is there a setting I am missing to prevent this?

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

When in mail press menu, more, settings, send & receive, download options by days.

You can then select the number of days you want to download but be aware of the additional storage needed for it. I only have mine set at 3 days due to the space it takes up on the phone. I changed it to 14 days once but was immediately confronted by low space warnings.

incsmiro likes this.
  3. incsmiro

incsmiro Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info, I too was wondering why emails kept 'deleting' themselves, however, do you know if its possible to determine where the e-mails are stored? I have an 8GB card onboard and don't see why I can't use this. alternatively is there a way of setting up a save folder? some e-mails I would like to keep to hand as they are only relevant to my device.

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

There's no way to save to sd card as far as I know.

The mail menu options also give you the choice of downloading by number of emails rather than number of days. That should allow you to delete what you don't need in order to display what you want within the specified number.

The stock email app doesn't seem to allow folders. That's mainly why I'm using the K-9 app now, as I have loads of folders in my Yahoo email account. I have it set to show 50 emails rather than a fixed number of days. For instance if I have a folder containing 50 emails dating back to 2008 it will show all of them. If a folder contains hundreds of emails it will only show the most recent 50.

incsmiro likes this.