1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

missing market app - n00b avice please

Last Updated:

1. jblack

jblack Member This Topic's Starter

so i bought my first android, and i have since learned that middle east android phones dont have the market app.

i am a newbie to phone stuff so words like ROM, flashing etc are hebrew to me. i can follow clear instructions but i don't know what is Erin and where i find a command line... but by now i know theres something called rooting and it might be necessary to do in my case.

so, HOW DO I GET THE MARKET APP ON MY WILDFIRE (2.1)? step by step for-dummies instructions (or links to such) would be appreciated.

this thread http://androidforums.com/sony-erics...l-missing-android-market-xperia-x10-mini.html ) is "at my level" but the universal root app (universalandroot ???? ) doesnt support wildfire - i tried.

i looked around for similar threads but they either get veeery geeky or have advice thats outdated or doesnt't apply to Wildfire. im getting desperate here, i dont want to go back to Symbian :S

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I thought the wildfire came with the market? Did you read around on the Wildfire forum?

3. jblack

jblack Member This Topic's Starter

yes, it usually comes but not in some parts of the world such as middle east. this was a bitter surprise to me after buying the phone and googling to find out whats wrong.

and yes, i tried searching the wildfire forum here, but couldn't find anything useful there either :S