• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Messages Icon

vamartha

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Somehow I must have dragged the Messages Icon to the trash can and I'm not sure how to get it back. I'm talking about the Quick Access Panel Messages Icon.

I know how to add an app from the app drawer and place it on the homepage, then drag to the Quick Access Panel. My issue is where can I find the Message app to drag it onto the homepage? I've looked in apps, I've looked in widgets and I can't find a shortcut to messages anywhere on the phone!

I've got the Messages Icon on the lockscreen and right now I am having to lock the phone to get to the Messages.

Any ideas?

Somehow I must have dragged the Messages Icon to the trash can and I'm not sure how to get it back. I'm talking about the Quick Access Panel Messages Icon.

I know how to add an app from the app drawer and place it on the homepage, then drag to the Quick Access Panel. My issue is where can I find the Message app to drag it onto the homepage? I've looked in apps, I've looked in widgets and I can't find a shortcut to messages anywhere on the phone!

I've got the Messages Icon on the lockscreen and right now I am having to lock the phone to get to the Messages.

Any ideas?
if u did a resent update from ICS to 4.1.1 now jelly bean samsung has done away with the messaging icon and the screen snap shot function. This was all I could get from the Samsung Rep yesterday. They made other changes but wouldn't say what. My icon disappeared also.

Upvote 0
if u did a resent update from ICS to 4.1.1 now jelly bean samsung has done away with the messaging icon and the screen snap shot function. This was all I could get from the Samsung Rep yesterday. They made other changes but wouldn't say what. My icon disappeared also.

My icon was missing as well. However, I have had the update for over a week. Now all of the sudden, it disapeared. Strange.. But the hidden icon suggestion got it back for me. *whew*

Upvote 0
Ok I need help please! I stupidly deleted my messaging icon from my homepage.

Messaging is still working and I can get at by searching for the app or opening received messages from the notification pane. But how do I put the icon back on my home screen? If I look thru application manager it is there under ALL, but how do I add it back as it doesn't appear on my home page r on any of my app screens?

Using a Samsung S3, Android version 4.3 & standard messaging

Upvote 0
I have been with a cheating spouse before and trust me I know how it feels, those suspicions are not mere paranoia. If you suspect that he is cheating, he might actually be..I hired a PI who helped me install monitoring bugs on his phone that diverted all his messages( facebook, whatsapp, text messages, and even phone calls) to my phone;(cyberlaser55 gmail com ) is the man for the job with a very high level of professionalism and highly reliable. I really enjoyed working with him and the few friends I told have been nothing but thankful to me for the referral.Drop him a text or call "917-563-8226"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones