Missing Messages IconSupport

1. vamartha

vamartha Member

Somehow I must have dragged the Messages Icon to the trash can and I'm not sure how to get it back. I'm talking about the Quick Access Panel Messages Icon.

I know how to add an app from the app drawer and place it on the homepage, then drag to the Quick Access Panel. My issue is where can I find the Message app to drag it onto the homepage? I've looked in apps, I've looked in widgets and I can't find a shortcut to messages anywhere on the phone!

I've got the Messages Icon on the lockscreen and right now I am having to lock the phone to get to the Messages.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. vamartha

vamartha Member

Not one soul has a single idea how to find the messages icon?
  3. KeithSr

KeithSr Well-Known Member

I don't have any idea... I see it on the Quick Access Panel and in the App drawer on mine.
    But then again, I didn't drag it to the trash, so I don't know if it would be gone in both places. Is it in your Applications Manager list (look under the "All" tab)?
  4. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

It should be within the app drawer with the rest of your apps, but if you can't find it there, try pressing menu in the app drawer and looking at your hidden apps. It might've been hidden accidentally.
  5. vamartha

vamartha Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It was hidden and I am too blonde to have thought of looking there!

All is well now! Thanks again!
  6. cahrens321

cahrens321 New Member

if u did a resent update from ICS to 4.1.1 now jelly bean samsung has done away with the messaging icon and the screen snap shot function. This was all I could get from the Samsung Rep yesterday. They made other changes but wouldn't say what. My icon disappeared also.
  7. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

My icon was missing as well. However, I have had the update for over a week. Now all of the sudden, it disapeared. Strange.. But the hidden icon suggestion got it back for me. *whew*