Missing music album pictures on HTC music player/widget after SD card changeSupport

Last Updated:

1. username27

username27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

After changing my SD card with a larger one, my music album pictures on HTC music player/widget does not show anymore.

I copied everything from my old SD card to the new one. Also, the new SD card have a different name from the old one.

old is labeled as 'Removable Disk' while new one is 'Kingston'

Also, albumthumbs folder becomes empty (before it contains files from old albumthumbs folder)

Regards,

Advertisement
  2. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

The way i would fix this (someone else might have another way), is to:

Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Media Storage - Clear Data.

This wiill empty your music library of all data but won't delete any of your music on the memory card.

Turn the phone off then on, open the music player and let the player scan your music and hey presto all your old album art etc should reappear after it has finished scanning.

Hope this helps.

paul.macleod likes this.
  3. username27

username27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks,
    I think I've tried that already but it did not work. (or maybe I did not restart the phone) I do remember clearing the data a couple of times. :)

I tried renaming the folder that contained the music files, then I restarted the phone and then it worked, I can now see the cd covers again. :)

4. nevawlkalone

nevawlkalone Member

i had a similar problem when i first got my desire....plugged my SD card in and instead of not showing anything, all my music has the same album art whether its from the same artist or not.
    Renaming and clearing the cache doesnt seem to help, just changes the album art from one album to another and spreads that accross.

Any clues??

5. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

unmount SD Card. Do the Clear Data. reboot phone and it should should rebuild the library with artwork once you open the media player. Be patient though as it takes a while. And do your best not to interrupt it or close the media player app.

coos lick likes this.
  6. laurasaur

laurasaur New Member

i have tried this and its still not working. in fact its done the same thing but with a different image! it doesnt seem to want to separate the music files properly. should i be keeping them in the mp3 folder? anything else i should do?

7. buddy1983

buddy1983 Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading Album art from the market, cool free app that finds and replacing all art on even the smalliest band

8. paul.macleod

paul.macleod New Member

I had roughly similar experiences. Bought a 32Gb card, copied my music to it and replaced the 4Gb card that came with the Desire.
    But my problem was that none of the music players (including 3 or 4 that I downloaded; e.g. Music Pro, Tiny Player) could find all of the music. Each music player consistently showed 454 files, when there were over a thousand.
    I tried the Clear Data, but that didn't work. I eventually reset the phone, in a desperate ditch attempt to work out whether the card was defective so that I could return it, ASAP.
    Alls now fine.
    My advice: get a bl00dy big card, mount it and never touch it again.