missing musicSupport

Last Updated:

1. kimberdfo

kimberdfo New Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded approximately 135 songs onto my hero from itunes. When I hook my hero up to my computer that drive says all the music is on the sd card but on my hero it says theres only 54 songs. I've tried redownloading the music and that didn't work. Wheres my music?

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Odd are, that the missing songs are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management). It prevents any device not by apple from playing it. Were the missing songs bought on iTunes?

You need to remove the DRM. To do this, either upgrade the songs to iTunes Plus, or if it is not available for them, burn them to a CD, then copy the songs from the CD to your computer. This will remove the DRM from the songs. Put the songs from the CD on your phone, and they should show up. Good luck!

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Also, what format are the missing songs?

4. lnmcd0312

lnmcd0312 New Member

The songs are all MP3 and none were bought from itunes but are imported from and external harddrive. THe thing is though, i've tried deleting and re-syncing the music a few times. Sometimes certain albums show up and then sometimes they dont. So i dont think it's a problem with the DRM....
    Any other ideas???