• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Quick Search for Highlighted Text in Froyo

weizilla

May 4, 2010
I upgraded to Froyo a few days ago (root + leaked ruu) and noticed that after selecting text, the quick search icon no longer appears. Instead of three icons (copy, search, share), it now only shows two (copy, share). I had disabled some apps but only the obvious stuff like city id and vzw navigation.

Anyone else having this problem?

I upgraded to Froyo a few days ago (root + leaked ruu) and noticed that after selecting text, the quick search icon no longer appears. Instead of three icons (copy, search, share), it now only shows two (copy, share). I had disabled some apps but only the obvious stuff like city id and vzw navigation.

Anyone else having this problem?
Hate to resurrect this thread but I'm having the same issue. I can't find ANYTHING about it in any of the forums...including other sites :-\

I'm rooted, and I removed some of the bloatware as well...did we remove something that we thought was totally unrelated but causes this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones