Missing Sync for Android

Last Updated:

1. curleyrat

curleyrat New Member This Topic's Starter

I heard this is a great App for syncing Droid with Outlook but I'm having problems with my first sync. Getting an error message that says "Desktop not found". anybody know a fix please?

Advertisement
  2. pkwjr

pkwjr Member

What app are you using and what version of Outlook?

3. BColl28967

BColl28967 Member

Hey,

First, be sure to turn off any firewall on your PC (and try to sync again if there is one) also... look in the Help section of Missing Sync on the PC, there is a 'Fix Connection' button. Go ahead and try to select that and also try to sync again as that restarts all the Missing Sync background processes.

If still not syncing,

1. On your device, Unpair with the desktop (in Missing Sync)...if you are paired
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Reboot your desktop
    4. Verify both device and desktop connected to the WiFi router and you have internet access (can browse the web)On the device, also check this: Settings>Wifi>Wireless Controls> Wifi.
    5. Run the Setup Assistant, in Missing Sync on the desktop and it will generate a PassKey
    6. Launch Missing Sync on the phone and enter this passkey, and hit the 'Pair' button
    7. Now try to sync... Contacts and Calendar syncing are initiated on the phone and synced wirelessly (WiFi or Bluetooth) and not over USB .. Media syncs using the USB cable and its initiated on the desktop.

4. bogaski

bogaski Member

I guess I am wondering why you need an app. You know you can have Google Calender continously sync with your work computer. Also, simply port your work account into your current gmail account and you got her done. BTW, throw in Logmein and Dropbox and BAM.....have not been to the office in 2 months and can work just about anywhere.

5. cingray@gmail.com

cingray@gmail.com New Member

I am having the same problem and I have done all of the above and it still says desktop not found. I have been able to sync in the past, but after upgrading both phone and macbook to missing sync 1.4.2 I have not been able to. I have airport extreme and my ip address on the airport is 10.0.1.5, and the eris says 10.0.1.200. should those be the same? I am not sure. can anyone give me some help.
    On another note... when I try to use the usb to sync ringtones it says that the phone has to be mounted, which it is, and yet my iphoto can see the mount and will download pictures.

6. JackK

JackK New Member

For me, "Desktop not found" turned out to be a firewall issue. (I'm running Android 2.1 on Motorola Droid with Windows 7; I bought The Missing Sync from Mark/Space to do the sync process. I paired the Droid and the computer via Wi-Fi.)

I resolved it by going into the Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall ...

... and scrolled down to Missing Sync for Android, and checked it.

It took two or three tries, but it worked.

The bad news is every time it connects, the sync process seems to act like it's the first time it does this: It takes ages. I hope I'm wrong. As a BlackBerry user, I'm disappointed this is such a complicated procedure. But I must admit, Missing Sync is a more robust sync protocol than the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

JackK